Abyss is Seattle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkagain

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone in the Seattle area has seen any of Deschutes Abyss Impreial Stout around. I'm hoping to get my hands on a bottle this year.

If anyone has seen any or comes across a store selling it, I'd appreciate a bump to the thread with the info.

Thanks.

I live pretty close to alderwood mall and the Central Market carries a good selection of different beers. The next time I'm there I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks. I was hoping Bottleworks would get some but they don't show any listed on their site with the 1/12 update. Gonna have to check 99 Bottles as well.

WOW... I have never come across Bottleworks... I guess I just don't spend enough time in that part of town. I am going to have to go check that place out.

Bottleworks is awesome! They actually know how to properly store beer.

Man, I wish I would have known about BottleWorks when I lived up there. I just let my brother know about it though. Thanks.

(edit) 99 Bottles seems rather ridiculous! I will definitely have to stop by there the next time I'm in Seattle!

What is the name of the beer store on 45th just west of I-5? My fiance' lives close by- I'll check the next time I'm in that area.

Jaeger48 said:
What is the name of the beer store on 45th just west of I-5? My fiance' lives close by- I'll check the next time I'm in that area.

That's Bottleworks - Love that store! Same people run Brouwer's Cafe in Fremont. If you haven't been there, you need to.

Austin

I know this doesnt do you a lot of good but over here in Spokane we have quite a large selection of Deschutes brews and im pretty sure Ive seen the Stout in the grocery stores here... So if ya wanna make the drive through all the snow its here.

I'll look for it next time I'm at Belmont Station here in Portland. Drunkagain, whereabouts are you?

Skunkyhops said:
I know this doesnt do you a lot of good but over here in Spokane we have quite a large selection of Deschutes brews and im pretty sure Ive seen the Stout in the grocery stores here... So if ya wanna make the drive through all the snow its here.

I think you may be thinking of Obsidian Stout. Good stuff but you can get it any time of year. The Abyss is a limited once a year deal. Everything I've read makes it sound fantastic. Thanks though.

Drunkagain, whereabouts are you?

Kitsap Peninsula. Its almost enough to make me wanna drive down there. :drunk:

And I have to agree, Brouwers rocks. If you live in or near Seattle and love beer, check them put.

Drunkagain said:
Kitsap Peninsula. Its almost enough to make me wanna drive down there. :drunk:

You must live pretty damn close to me then. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up sometime.

Bottleworks has Abyss, I saw it there myself. I also saw 2 cases of it at Metropolitan Market in Lower Queen Anne. $9.99 for a 22oz. bottle.

Brewtopia said:
Bottleworks has Abyss, I saw it there myself. I also saw 2 cases of it at Metropolitan Market in Lower Queen Anne. $9.99 for a 22oz. bottle.

Thanks Brewtopia.

Also for anyone on the Kitsap Peninsula, Central Market in Poulsbo has a couple of cases. I ended up grabbing one for drinking a couple for the cellaring.

They must have just got it in at Central Market or I missed it. I was there on Thursday of last week. Picked up some Menage a Frog instead.

I know this thread has been dead for a few days or a week but i just picked up a bottle of this Abyss at the local grocery store for 8 bucks. Anyways I had really high hopes for this "limited release" because of how you all talked about it and needless to say i had no idea what i was getting into. First "beer" ive had in a long time that i wanted to spit back out of my mouth. Ive tried giving it to 6 or 7 people who have came by and nobody will take it. Hell after they smell it they dont even want to sample it! Personally i found it to taste like somebody had mixed a little beer in a straight shot of Private Stock.

I just saw it down at the Triftway in Renton this evening. Also saw Oak Aged AB, 2007 Bigfoot, and Older Viscosity (have tried Old Viscosity, have not tried the Older yet), among other things.

if you are still looking

Jims home brew here is spokane has 10+ cases of it right now
Iwas in there getting a few things today !

Breathing life into an old thread...
Talk about a hard beer to find. I never did buy any of the 2007. One of my sources got in a single case of the bombers of the 2008 last week. He never even put the stuff on the shelf, but kept it locked away for a few special customers. I got my hands on two bottles and had the first one last night.
WOW...
That easily qualified as one of the top five beers that I have had in my life.

Last year I couldn't find it, this year no problems at all. There were 4-5 cases sitting at a local store. I bought two, and I'll probably grab a couple more if I get the chance. Still haven't tried it yet.

I picked up mine from Full throttle bottle in GeorgeTown. Other places to check include bottleworks on 45th, Central Market in shoreline, the Red House in Renton, and the beer shop out in Redmond, can't remember the name though.

I agree with everyone on Bottleworks and loved having it there when I lived there but no more :(

No one has mentioned Ballard Market though. They have an awesome selection too.

Also there is the place on 105th and 99, but is a little creapy walking in there. At least when I was there, they have well over 100 different beers and descent prices. I just don't remember the name but it is behind the futon store.

EDIT: I found it. It is called Big Star Beer Market. http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/10802066/seattle_wa/big_star_beer_market.html

I'm kicking myself for not picking up a few bottles when I drove through Boise after thanksgiving. We don't have any good beer stores in Tri-Cities, but last year (or earlier this year) I picked up a bunch from Yokes. I haven't had any luck finding it so far.

Just called The Beer Shoppe in Yakima, and they are out of the bottles. Though they said they had a keg that will be tapped sometime soon.

I may have to drive up to Spokane to pick some up. 2.5 hours each way, but a lot closer than driving down to Bend.

You guys have a QFC up there too, they should have it... or be able to get it for you.

Yeah. I saw it there too, but QFC doesn't have as good a selection in general. At least not at this one. I saw it today at the co-op in Bellingham for a 8 bucks too.

Back