About to buy this O2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valicious

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Medical-Oxygen-...aultDomain_0?hash=item45f0b1280c#ht_792wt_939

I just took my aluminum D O2 tank to get filled today, but they swapped it out with a steel CGA 540 tank. Now I'm confused what I need for a regulator..
Will this be good for homebrew purposes? It seems like it has low enough settings.
(the only regulators I could find that weren't hideously expensive were 0-8lpm and 0-15lpm)

If you have any better sources for a regulator, by all means please share them.

That's the one I use. Works great.

IMG_1563.jpg

dstar, could you explain how your in-line aeration is set up and how it works for you.

thanks

It worked great but I don't use it anymore. Chill times varied too much to get a consistent level of O2 in the wort from batch to batch. I made a wand with a stone on the end since then and oxygenate in the carboy for X number of seconds depending on the gravity and style. The O2 level is then checked with a DO meter to ensure the proper amount.

If you want to duplicate it, it's just compression fittings and a tee with a piece of polycarbonate from one of Bobby_M's sight glasses to see the bubbles.

IMG_1553.jpg

Latest posts

Back