about to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saburke17

Reaction score
so i have a gallon of sweet cider from the recipe section that im about to bottle. the fg was at 1.00 when i cold crashed it 2 days ago. i siphone the 2 gallons i made into a single gallon "due to the massive amount of yeast left at the bottom". see my post "what in gods name happend" for pics. so now the last gallon has been in the fridge and i pulled it out a few hours ago so it could come up to room temp for bottling. its dark due to the molasses but has almost no sediment at all in it. my question is, the guy at the home brew store gave me some muntons carb tabs and said i need to add some more notti yeast right before i bottle or it wont carb. Is this right? everything i see on this site says just priming sugar.

Sean

Unless you've been aging that for a LONG LONG time you won't need any yeast. There will be enough in suspension to carb up. You also might wanna consider priming w/corn sugar next time instead of the tabs, but they will do for now.

Back