A question for Montreal homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philjohnwilliams

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering where brewers in the Montreal area are buying their supplies. I have recently been shopping at l'Atelier Biere et vin in Longueuil, but I am always looking for new stores. Any suggestions?

-phil

There is La choppe à Barrock, at the Villeneuve/St-Dominique corner in Mtl. Good place, great guy.
For more bulk buying, there is Moût International, on the 40. Great place too!

Those are the 2 that I go to.

Not in Montreal but in Quebec you have La Fabrique du Vin (posting this in case fellow quebecers have the same question later on). Their website is very much up to date compared to many others and the lady that owns the place is nice and helpful. You can see the prices directly on the net and its cheaper when you order than when you buy directly at the store. They also do bulk orders of yeast and stuff like that.

They offer grain milling but charge a fee to do so.

La Cachette du Bootlegger is my favorite place. There's also Houblon et Cépages at Lachine if you need some piece of equipment and don't want to drive too far.

Thanks for the info guys. La cachette de bootlegger seems to be what I am looking for. From what i can gather from the Mout and La choppe à Barrock websites, they don't seem to carry much in the way of malt extract, and I am almost completely an extract brewer. Bootlegger is close enough to where I work that I can get there and back on my lunch hour. I have been to Houblon et Cépages a few times but I stopped goingbecause their selection of beer supplies was rather limited.

thanks again to all who replied.

-phil

+1 on La Fabrique du Vin over here in Québec. The owner will even deliver orders herself for a small fee (5$ the first 25kg, 1$/25kg after that). Her selection is all shown and priced online too.

It's nice to have a dedicated beer brewing place here (don't be fooled by the name). The other places seem to push wine kits and pre hopped can kits like if that was all we ever wanted.

Latest posts

Back