A question about perfect machines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh crap, looks like we're still here. Guess I'll have to get back to work after this. But first, me and the fires and my shed.... And forgive the topsy turvy tomato thing in my pic of the shed-- was a gift, I know a 5 gallon bucket would do the same thing, not something I wasted my money on.

Also sorry about the comment on firetrucks, but I did have to laugh when the fire department showed up during our last controlled burn, thinking they had the perfect machine but all they could do was stand back and observe, maybe take a couple notes....

meandfire2.jpg

menthefire.jpg

myshed.jpg

Does anyone else who reads BobbiLynn's threads feel like they're whitewater rafting on the stream of consciousness? I'm a little scared I'm going to fall in, and all this is going to make sense at some point. Hopefully, by the time that happens I'll be safely stowed away in the nuthouse.

Does anyone else who reads BobbiLynn's threads feel like they're whitewater rafting on the stream of consciousness? I'm a little scared I'm going to fall in, and all this is going to make sense at some point. Hopefully, by the time that happens I'll be safely stowed away in the nuthouse.

Nope, you're the only one... Don't worry about the white van parked outside your place, or the men that are fitting you for a jacket with very long sleeves. :D

All machines are destined for the scrap pile at some point. It's a fact of life.

The perfect machine I think would fail catastrophicly instead failing slowly over time.

I used to think I was the perfect drinking machine.

Usually sometime after midnight...

Did you start leaking? I think that is usually how you can tell, just from what I have gathered here....

Dang, Jerrod already said that.... the men in white coats are coming for you... if you can read my thoughts before I say them... they are already on the way...

I think you're experiencing time dilation due to the imperfect 'perfect' machine in close proximity to you. :eek:

Yeah, that's probably it. Makes sense. But I do also think a perfect machine would fail miserably if/when it did fail, not a slow leak... if it ever was perfectly perfect. Or do I mean imperfectly perfect? Because, ya know, back to the materials you have to work with...

Yeah, that's probably it. Makes sense. But I do also think a perfect machine would fail miserably if/when it did fail, not a slow leak... if it ever was perfectly perfect. Or do I mean imperfectly perfect? Because, ya know, back to the materials you have to work with...

I think that the imperfect perfect machine would fail in a perfectly imperfect, or unpredictable, fashion. It might go with a whimper or a huge bang. :D

I think that the imperfect perfect machine would fail in a perfectly imperfect, or unpredictable, fashion. It might go with a whimper or a huge bang. :D

So you just never know? Left guessing? Crap, I needed a straight forward answer and after all this discussion, I'm left with this to wrap my head around?

Good thing friends are coming over later, I told them I wasn't feeling really well in the head, ya know, stressed, and they suggested coming out to fire a few rounds, they are bringing the ammo. Maybe I should find new friends?

So you just never know? Left guessing? Crap, I needed a straight forward answer and after all this discussion, I'm left with this to wrap my head around?

Good thing friends are coming over later, I told them I wasn't feeling really well in the head, ya know, stressed, and they suggested coming out to fire a few rounds, they are bringing the ammo. Maybe I should find new friends?

If the machine was perfect, it would not fail (maybe be destined for retirement, but not fail). Since it's imperfect, it's really difficult (if not impossible) to predict how it will ultimately fail (and be ended). It could just not function one day, or start to work and then fail apocalyptically. :D

Isn't that a mind F... :eek: :D

I just erased some stuff from my head and now my mind feels clearer. I left the guys alone to target practice, don't want to make them look bad. Also, I tried to make wine and it tastes like cough syrup. But, I've had this cough anyway, so hey, drinking up!

P.S.

These are just my drunken ramblings... take them with a grain of salt or a bag of whole grain.

So... since we're all still here, you know, hubby was wrong about it being today.... what do you want to do now? I probably better just get back to work. Can you believe I married this weirdo, and he calls ME the crazy one....

So... since we're all still here, you know, hubby was wrong about it being today.... what do you want to do now? I probably better just get back to work. Can you believe I married this weirdo, and he calls ME the crazy one....

IMO, this is like the pot calling the kettle black, then having an argument with itself and losing. :eek: :D

Maybe he is the one who may or may not exist? He looks real but is it just a perfect facade? He's leaking....

It definitely falls under the category. She provides plenty of drunken ramblings and mindless mumblings. Often they're all mixed up, so mindless ramblings or drunken mumblings, but who are we to judge?? :D

but who are we to judge??

Listening to Johnny Cash now... I know you would never judge me, Golddiggie, that's why I love ya. Just doing that thing you said and also thought this was the right place for it.

Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Did we ever get a picture of this alleged shed? I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Just realized, still waiting to see yours...

Well, I didn't quote "right", get over it.

Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Did we ever get a picture of this alleged shed? I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Just realized, still waiting to see yours...

Well, I didn't quote "right", get over it.

Another 'Florida blonde moment' brought to you by BobbiLynn... :D

I rest my case... :D:fro::drunk::tank::mug:

Why? Does it get tired? If that's the case, the one I'm thinking of that is, then you better watch for leaks just in case. Hmmm, in case.....encase....stait jacket. Who would make such a thing? Don't they know people will itch uncontrollably the very second they put that thing on you? And you can't go crazy rolling around on the floor trying to scratch it or you will just confirm the fact that they made the right decision.

Why? Does it get tired? If that's the case, the one I'm thinking of that is, then you better watch for leaks just in case. Hmmm, in case.....encase....stait jacket. Who would make such a thing? Don't they know people will itch uncontrollably the very second they put that thing on you? And you can't go crazy rolling around on the floor trying to scratch it or you will just confirm the fact that they made the right decision.

What is the third voice in your head telling you?? :D :drunk:

What is the third voice in your head telling you?? :D :drunk:

Probably, that everything is going to be perfectly fine. The white van did leave here with a couple bullet holes in it's ass-end, but doesn't necessary mean it's coming after you next.

Probably, that everything is going to be perfectly fine. The white van did leave here with a couple bullet holes in it's ass-end, but doesn't necessary mean it's coming after you next.

If it came after me, it wouldn't leave. Period. :eek: There might be some burn marks where it WAS before I opened up on it. :D

Back