A Place To Say Thank You To HBT Or Anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to start a thread where everyone can say Thank You to anyone and everyone that has helped them in brewing !

So go ahead say Thanks Here to whoever !

Im saying Thanks to TxBrew, the Admins, Everyone here that has helped me learn to make great beer :rockin:
Gary at U Bottle It, in Henderson Nv on the outskirts of Las Vegas !

And Most of All, My Wife for all the help and support with our brewing :ban:
She dose all the cleanup every time we brew!

Cheers and Thank You ! :mug:

:mug:
Hello, I wanted to start a thread where everyone can say Thank You to anyone and everyone that has helped them in brewing !

So go ahead say Thanks Here to whoever !

Im saying Thanks to TxBrew, the Admins, Everyone here that has helped me learn to make great beer :rockin:
Gary at U Bottle It, in Henderson Nv on the outskirts of Las Vegas !

And Most of All, My Wife for all the help and support with our brewing :ban:
She dose all the cleanup every time we brew!

Cheers and Thank You ! :mug:
+1 wILEcOYOTE,ttHANKS,I WOULD LIKE to say thanks to HBT also for all the great research in home brewing and all the great advice i have now thanks to HBT . I can now make my own beer that is really good . I like it better than store bought plus its a great hobby , swimbo hates all the smellls and i love them . i went from extract to biab , own my way to building my MLT . I LIKE THE FLY SPARGE METHOD . CHEERS and happy brewing:mug::mug:

Have received tons of useful information here. Absolutely tons. The site is awesome, full of great mentors and serves as a great learning tool.

Thanks to all who make it possible.

Merry Christmas,

Ken

Thanks to everyone who has posted knowledgeable things here. My brewing has been improving because of all of you.

Thanks to my legs for staying injury free this year.

Thanks to my wife for marrying me 7 years ago today.

Here's a short list of things I learned reading HBT which I put into use on last weekend's brewday, and which I never would have figured out on my own.

Make a HUGE lager starter and use the "growth factor" slider on Mr. Malty to figure out how HUGE.

Boil pilsner for 90 minutes.

Everything in the water chemistry primer. 'Nuff said.

Chill wort to lager temps by circulating ice water through the IC.

Lager pitching temp means 46ish, and let it free rise to 50.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but like I said, I never would have figured any of that out on my own. Thanks HBT!

EDIT: AND all of the DIY instructions from the clever folks 'round here who figured out how to repurpose water heater hose braids, coolant line quick releases, etc. etc.

+1 to the thread, great idea!

I'd like to thank everyone here at HBT for helping me with equipment builds, recipes, theories and all other questions.

I'd especially like to thank TxBrew after giving him some grief about the HBT app. Never thought I'd try to learn Portuguese, ah the things we do for beer. ;)

Finally, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah...for everyone else Happy Fetivus for the rest of us. Here's to good brews and even better brew days in 2014!

And thanks to Yooper, BierMuncher, JLem, and EdWort for what have become some of my favorite recipes.

This is a great website and forum community.

I know I've said it before, but I really appreciate the fact that people can ask a question that's been asked a hundred times before and someone will still answer and/or steer them in the right direction. I've been on other forums where asking a common question will result in a dozen people immediately jumping down your throat and yelling "YOU ****IN' NOOB! USE THE SEARCH BAR!!" and others where there is an unspoken rule that you can't post in the social threads unless you also contribute what The Regulars think is a suitable amount in the "technical" forums. Neither is the case here, and you guys rock for it! :mug:

I'd like to thank the woman at the drive thru at Burger King for not messing up my order, so that I'd have some food to eat while reading stuff on hbt. I'd like to give Kudo's to all those on hbt that posted pictures of their beer that went haywire. And to those that wrote about broken hydrometers, out of whack thermometers, plastic is better than glass, glass is better than plastic, my chiller leaked into my boiler, a stainless spoon will ruin a copper IC, my wort boils at 215F, should I bake my plate chiller at 300 or 350F, a big thank you..... I hope everyone has a GREAT Christmas, good health and don't forget the drinking.

Thanks to all of you here I can always find an answer and its helped me realize and build my dream

Thanks to those who know more about the hobby than me (which is 99% of you) for allowing me to learn everyday when I check this website and app out. I know that very soon I'll make even better beer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

I learned from EdWort that good, really good recipes don't have to be complicated. I learned from BierMuncher,BobbyM and others that I can make some really cool equipment on my own. I continue to learn from people here all the time. And thru this forum I was able to find local people with similar interests. Thanks HBT!

Great thread WileECoyote.......My brew would definitely suffer if not for this website. Maybe even have thrown in the towel by now. And of course my wife. She loves helping as much as drinking it up.

I'd like to thank a member named The Pol. His Bling Bling thread convinced me to build an electric brewery, and that's made all the difference in my brewing. He's long gone now, but I hope his life is good whatever he's up to.

Oh, yes, I'm grateful to The Pol too. I saw his rig in BYO, and bought it. I gutted it shortly thereafter, but it's been the bones of my electric rig since then and I love it. It gave me the confidence to work with electricity (with a good friend's help) and pumps and to sweat copper.

In retrospect, he created a monster. :D

I first came on this forum with a question about a batch, and stayed because of the warm welcome and help I received. I'm still here, so I'd say it worked out very well for me! :ban:

I want to say thank you to the HBT members that bought much of my early and/or excess brewing and kegging equipment. I donated 80% of the proceeds ($400) to 5 local food banks in my area that will now provide 400 individual meals for families in need. I figure if I am lucky enough to brew good bear and get great advice/assistance from others that I want to pay it back to people that can use some basic assistance.

I'd like to thank all of you for providing a treasure trove of homebrewing information so new people like me can start off with some form of clue. :)

I'd especially like to thank Warren Wilson (Willie3) of Homebrew University in Hackettstown, NJ for getting me started and being patient with all of my questions.

I'm thankful that a pro brewer got started. Never would have dreamed I could make decent beer if it wasn't for him. :)

I'm VERY, VERY, thankful to HBT and all the people here, for the info they've shared. :ban:

Mrs. Bob may feel different, as I've took over 1 room for, "Beer Stuff", and she fears I'll be taking a second one over soon. ;)

I found this place while in search of knowledge. I stayed because I like the people.

pb

Thanks to IslandLizard (fellow prog fan!) who gave me a whole bunch of good advice about milligram scales for weighing water salts.

I'm likely forgetting many others here who have taken the time to help me become a better brewer. I still have a long way to go and many questions to ask, threads to read.

And to HBT in general, as there is no brewing topic too obscure that it doesn't already have a thread dealing with it. This place is the Swiss army knife of brewing information.

Happy New Year!
Glückliches neues Jahr!

I'll thank my friend, Bruce. He started me with $600.00+ of brand new equipment. Then, just before Christmas last year, he sends me a Bourbon Barrel Porter recipe kit, including a Bubbler carboy. Friends, gotta love em...I think it's a law or something.

Yep, i'd like to thank a bunch of folks on HBT. I came on here and soon became the HBT curmudgeon. I didn't mean to be, it's just the way it was. Thanks to Yooper's patience and some anti-anxiety meds from the doc, things got alot better. Now, I empathise with new brewer's problems instead of thinking they are idiots. Hell, I used to start fights in parking lots just for the fun of it. Modern medicine and compassionate helpfull web "friends" have made a real and benificial change in my life. Thanks to all who put up with me during those times...

I'll thank my friend, Bruce. He started me with $600.00+ of brand new equipment. Then, just before Christmas last year, he sends me a Bourbon Barrel Porter recipe kit, including a Bubbler carboy. Friends, gotta love em...I think it's a law or something.

Wow what a great friend, that to me is a crazy amount $ wise of equipment for even a good friend to give away.

Cheers to you and your friend, I am very thankful for my brewing partner and wife, she is such a big help every time we brew.

Cheers :mug:

I would like to say thank you to all the forums from beginners brewing, all grain brewing, the helpful how to mash and fly sparge, batch sparge, all the great recipes, fermentation, yeast washing and thanks to all the friendly folks on HBT!...

Back