A Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitty_Brew

Reaction score
Greetings!
So the missus gave a "go ahead", and now I am on second 5gal batch of cheap bum-wine with higher hopes than the first.

First one was FrznAppleJuiceConc. 14 cans + 4lb table sugar dissolved in boiling water then fermented w/ EC1118. and I should have just been happy with that result.

Second (current) batch is Cranberry blend w/ FAJC. 1:1 ratio and 20 cans Each. going for 3lb sugar/gallon all juice. Purchased a hydrometer after first flop. SG=1.135-1.140.
This one smells great and is really active. Temps are 23.5*C. I anticipate taking a taste and SG at the end of this week, that will be 7days fermenting.
*The airlock sounds like intro to "Hot for Teacher" hehe:cool:

If you're going for flavor I'd drop the water content and use the FAJC to increase the ABV without adding the sugar. I'm looking to make some Apple Jack in the next few weeks and I went with store bought AJ and 2 cans of FAJC. Add I can to each gallon of juice and ferment. Not sure what yeast to use, but it will likely be some Notty or S05 that I have on hand. :mug:

And welcome to the obsession. :agressive:

Latest posts

Back