a long time ago, in this forum.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i was told to post stupid things here, and not the begginers place, lol

but i just had to share, so most people know i keep my co2 tank on a scale...and now i have a spunding valve at 7-8 psi that is hissing co2, notice with a glance my co2 tank is down 3lbs since YESTERDAY....listening to the spunding valve on the fermenter hissing next to the fridge....just kinda erie....i did have a power outage and had to reset it, and my router though. going to keep my eye on it, if i got my first finally full cyclinder, and a leak, that would suck!

maybe i'd make up for it pressure fermenting?

i was told to post stupid things here, and not the begginers place, lol

but i just had to share, so most people know i keep my co2 tank on a scale...and now i have a spunding valve at 7-8 psi that is hissing co2, notice with a glance my co2 tank is down 3lbs since YESTERDAY....listening to the spunding valve on the fermenter hissing next to the fridge....just kinda erie....i did have a power outage and had to reset it, and my router though. going to keep my eye on it, if i got my first finally full cyclinder, and a leak, that would suck!

maybe i'd make up for it pressure fermenting?
Wait a minute!
If you're spunding your fermenter (taking advantage of CO2 produced by the yeast), why do you have your CO2 tank connected?

I'm obviously missing something here...

I'm assuming the CO2 leak is a coincidence, and that the spunding is physically separate. Right?

exactly, just scary... hearing hissing gas, and a drop in the cyclinder weight at the same time! but i plan on watching the scale like a hawk!

*many previous responses deleted*

Bracc my dear, I love you to death, but you gotta stop stressing over the weight of your co2 tanks and join the rest of us who have no clue how much co2 is left in our tanks and blithely force-carb until the tank hisses its last. Also might I introduce you to my friend Huge Jar of Discount Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly (because I am way too cheap to buy the real keg lube) that may help solve your issues. Or not, because we do so enjoy reading your posts. Why yes, I have been drinking! How could you tell? Is it Friday? or another day that ends in "y"? Oh.

Also might I introduce you to my friend Huge Jar of Discount Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly

is that crack about my relationship status? or just that you don't mind silicone o-rings? and o2 permeability? ;) :mug:

and just like how i use a gram scale for measuring food....i find "knowing is half the battle!"

Back