A 6 tap, 10 keg, RPints integrated keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PasbitinusBluinusRibbinus

Reaction score
Over the past few months, I've amassed a large collection of keezer images. I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my build. I've never been one for sketching or plans (although someday I will learn to use Google sketchup) so I really just started making it and kept making changes as I went along.

I tried to take a bunch of pictures along the way, but obviously missed a few steps.

After a month and a half, learning about 50 new skills, and spending too much money...
EGtEWqe.jpg

She's pouring beer! A clone of Founder's Breakfast Stout... at 10AM. (C'mon, I just finished her, and had to celebrate)

The grungy old chest freezer.
dMhN3wk.jpg

A $50 craigslist find. When I got later in the project, I realized that spending $500 on materials and $50 on a chest freezer was a little silly. Fingers crossed, but she seems to be running well. Let's hope, as the model is discontinued.

A basic frame and oak plywood.
SLXmQ8H.jpg

This will become the base of the cabinet.

Structurally sound... I hope.
eYAyBwz.jpg

The chest freezer weighs around 100lbs. Just add a 150lb lid and 50 gallons worth of beer, and things get serious. Thankfully, I was smart enough to put casters on.

Oak trim is on.
8zlSRrX.jpg

Base of the lid is built, monitor test fit.
wgKAd8R.jpg

The monitor will be a digital tap display, Raspberry Pints.

Most of the trim is on, holes for the taps are drilled.
sMJ9Z3d.jpg

I'm about three pounds of hardware and two bottles of Titebond III deep at this point.

Well, I skipped some steps, but... she's done!
oBEXoXQ.jpg

The counter-top is a porcelain tile, backed by cement backerboard and lots of thinset. Read: HEAVY! Monitor is mounted, taps are flowing (except for an undiagnosed leak in the last one)

Closeup of the taps and monitor.
BN3qaKf.jpg

Raspberry Pints Display.
DkvuPJQ.jpg

There are a lot of clones on right now! She fits 10 kegs, so beer can be conditioned, cold, and carbonated ready when something kicks.

Her final resting place.
qkYmDto.jpg

No, I literally cannot remove it from this room. It's too wide for most doors, so the lid gets removed and the back section has to come off before it will fit. The only things left to do are cut the top of the drip tray (sheet of aluminum w/ a lot of holes) and turn some nicer tap handles on the lathe. The finish is Waterlox over red oak.

I like your integration of RPints instead of a traditional backsplash. However, is there anything protecting the screen in the case of accidental splashes?

No, there isn't... yet. I am playing with the idea of installing a sheet of glass over it, because I've already dropped a few drips of beer into the display. The good news is that it's nearly impossible to spill beer from a tap onto the display, as they stick out really far from the screen. The display is also lifted up above over the counter so beer shouldn't seep into it. However, when hooking kegs up, the taps are directly over the screen and that's when the opportunity to spill beer can happen. We'll see how the next few weeks go... glass is cheap and easy to install.

This is an epic set-up. I love the nitro tap and the screen is just brilliant. Almost makes me want to make one....

Love the build. Might have to do something like this.
How does the lid open to change kegs? Is it heavy and needs support? How did you feed the lines to the back of the taps? Can we gets some pics?

Love the build. Might have to do something like this.
How does the lid open to change kegs? Is it heavy and needs support? How did you feed the lines to the back of the taps? Can we gets some pics?

The lid is VERY heavy. It's attached to the factory lid and hinges, which are not strained by the load at all. I prop a 2x4 in there to hold it up while I change kegs, but I am planning on adding gas struts and hood props in the near future.

Behind the taps, the lines are drilled through both lids individually. I can post a pic later.

The lid is VERY heavy. It's attached to the factory lid and hinges, which are not strained by the load at all. I prop a 2x4 in there to hold it up while I change kegs, but I am planning on adding gas struts and hood props in the near future.

Behind the taps, the lines are drilled through both lids individually. I can post a pic later.

Could u please post more pics of the coffin itself. I just realized u just built this. I was going off of bbentley's build when I came across yours and decided to integrate raspberry pints into mine as well. Original plan was to mount in on the wall behind the keezer but this is awesome. It's the engineering of the coffin that has me lost.

Back