90 Shilling - Ft. Collins (Odell)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it, pretty decent, never tried to clone it though. I haven't had the beer recent enough to even have a suggestion, sorry :(

Odell is an awesome brewery though :)

Odells is a solid company. Have you had Easy Street?

I have not. My nephew (from Parker CO) had a graduation party in Ft. Collins and had a keg of 90 Shilling. It was one of the most drinkable beers I've ever had. I'll need to go out there again and hit the other beers.

Pg 13 of the September '08 edition of BYO magazine has an interview of Doug Odell which discusses his 90 Shilling Scottish Ale. No recipe, per se, but some insight about how he makes it. Later in the magazine there are several recipes for Scotch ales.

90 Schilling would be in my top 3 or 4 favorite commercial brews. The others would be Smithwicks, Newcastle, and 1554 in no particular order depening on my mood. was handed a Coors Lite this evening and it just had no taste just carbonated water.

Back