8oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mblakely

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a Wee Heavy or fortified scotch ale:drunk: . Because of the higher Alcohol content (an some not appreciating the beer) I was thinking of using a few smaller bottles. I am thinking of trying to find the equivelant of the Coronita bottles (small Corona's) possibly in brown.

Is this a good idea? Has anyone tried this?

I was also thinking that having a few around would be good with my other brews as the testers before they are ready. You know, the ones you will taste a week after bottleing so that you can see where they are at!

Cheers:mug:
Matt

A good idea, although finding 8 oz. beer bottles might be a bit tough. Some sodas in Mexico & South America are still bottled in 8 oz. and/or 250 ml. bottles. You also see 220 ml bottles.

I bottle one 8 oz bottle with every batch for tasting usually 7 to 10 days after bottling. I have coke, dr pepper, sprite, coronita, and juice bottles but none are brown. I havent had any problems with light exposure to these bottles, but none of them has lasted 2 weeks.

- magno

I remember a very generic beer. White box, black letters.... "BEER" in a western font. they were smaller bottles. Budget beer. Tasted terrible if not drank ICE COLD, hence, in my opinion, the smaller bottle size. They also, if I am remembering correctly, had a fun game on the inside of the cap. :mug: Maybe they still make it. *shrug*

Back