8/8/08 Ris

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
Who's drinking it? Who's brewing it? That reminds me.... Stone comes out with their Vertical Epic today!

I hope nobody's brewing it this late in the game...

I still have my 2 bottles from everyone who sent it. I'm gonna do a horizontal lineup (including my own, which I predict will be the winner ;)) on August 8th...I've got bottles from Chriso, Terrapinchef and Psuedochef. Yay, boatloads of RIS! And Terrapin's is in a 22oz'er. Woot!

There're volumes and volumes in this post: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=44981 and the links at the top of that post will take you to the other posts.

In short, something like 39 of us. And we're not drinking it quite yet. We're drinking it on 8/8. (Most of us anywho.)

BUT - A few of us have already said we want to brew it again ON 8/8 to age for another year. Just because we're cool like that. :D

I'm tasting bottles from olllllo, CBBaron, and PseudoChef (he oaked his), and also my own RIS, and also Warrior's behemoth of an 8-year-old English RIS. It's gonna be a FUN day!

Also, it doesn't look like the 08 Vertical Epic is out yet, according to their website. BUT they seem to be releasing a 12th anniv Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout this weekend. If anyone wants to send a bottle to poor lil' ol me, being that I'm stranded outside of Stone's distro area (*sniffle cry sniffle*)... send me a PM? ;) ;)

Back