7cf freezer 4 kegs on the floor...$229 @ Home Depot.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie

Reaction score
My search for the elusive compact chest freezer that can put all the kegs on the floor has led me to Home Depot.

Vissani 7.0cf MDCF7WH. currently at Home Depot. these are often "promotional" items so they will probably soon disappear. I wanted black but out of stock everywhere and likely not going to get re-stocked, so white it is.

As you can see, it hold 4 kegs on the floor with very little space wasted. Only slightly staggered. There is maybe 1/2" to spare so it's not tight or binding. Outside is less that 2x3 footprint.

Lowes has one that appears identical right now but a different brand name. Hisense. But likely from the same factory. It's $249. LC70D6EWD. I did not test fit my kegs but the internal measurements were the same. They are just like 1/2-1" more front to back than the name brand freezers. That's all it takes to make the kegs be less staggered.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 181
My Hisense freezer is 7.0 cubic feet. I can only fit 3 kegs in mine. I can put a 2.5 gallon on the step though so buy a half keg if you want to add another keg.

I was just looking at those yesterday, also was looking at the Magic Chef HMCF7W4 which has very comparable dimensions and same price.

Magic Chef that I looked at didn't fit 4...I test fit my kegs...

"comparable" is not "identical"

Apparently it’s been changed in the last two years without a model number change. You’d have to verify the one you are actually buying, but seems unlikely there would be any old stock at this point.

I was at HD last night where both sat side by side. I did not throw a tape on them, but to me the Vissani looks visually larger inside, and it is for sure slightly taller.

Walmart has this for $249. Don't know anything about it

RCA 10 Cu. Ft Chest Freezer RFRF1049

My search for the elusive compact chest freezer that can put all the kegs on the floor has led me to Home Depot.

Vissani 7.0cf MDCF7WH. currently at Home Depot. these are often "promotional" items so they will probably soon disappear. I wanted black but out of stock everywhere and likely not going to get re-stocked, so white it is.

As you can see, it hold 4 kegs on the floor with very little space wasted. Only slightly staggered. There is maybe 1/2" to spare so it's not tight or binding. Outside is less that 2x3 footprint.

I'm curious if you've built a keezer with this. Those hinges look like they could be a PITA.

I did... and it was a PITA. I went with a two by four collar which was a mistake but I wanted to keep the low profile. If you buy this, use two by sixes instead then just have the back board flush with the indent for the hinges. Or if you have a router, good for you. Otherwise you will need some longer machine screws and washers to rig up something ugly but functional like I did. Curious if any more engineer minded people came up with a better solution. . .

Hey, Thanks for the response! I think I'm gonna grab one. I'm a carpenter by trade, so I probably got it covered, but what I'm hearing is that it's doable. I was concerned by that recess, but mostly by the fact that the fastening system is hidden by that trim piece. The only way to know what your dealing with is to take it apart, not the kind of thing that makes friends with store management... I'll post pics of my solution if I get down to building it.

Back