757 Home Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't been to a meet up yet, but would love to try organize one in the near future. Maybe sometime in October as fall starts to set in so we can break out the seasonal samplers? My buddy and I will be bottling a Vanilla Cream Stout tomorrow and I've got a half a case of Bourbon Oak Porter that's been aging since February itching to be opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sounds good to me. Hopefully some others will jump on board and show some interest.

I've been checking out the websites for the local brew clubs (7CB, CASK, etc.) and can't really find much on there in terms of how active they are. Anyone on this thread a member of one of the clubs? I live out in Town Center VB and would like to try and start getting together with people to compare notes, taste, etc. Before I spent money on a membership I figured I'd see if anyone had any good/bad experiences to share.

Good to see the outcry from Local brewers to the 757. Im from VB and I have been brewing with my friends for the last 4 years. I’d say I’ve done about 30 batches thus far and I’m looking forward to brewing more. I’m currently in the market to upgrading my system to a 10 gallon RIMS setup in the DIY variety and I would love to seek the advice and knowhow of other seasoned brewers. I would be interested in attending some of these meet ups whenever the next one organized...anyone thought about making a Facebook page for everyone to join and send updates on meet ups/ events...Just a thought.

Would like to revive this thread. I just recently got back into brewing. I would like to meet up or if anyone would be interested in brewing together. Im still pretty new and would like to get my brewing to a better level.

Pretty much looking for a brew mentor in the 757 area. Or at least someone to teach me a little over the net. Id be grateful.

Would like to revive this thread. I just recently got back into brewing. I would like to meet up or if anyone would be interested in brewing together. Im still pretty new and would like to get my brewing to a better level.

Pretty much looking for a brew mentor in the 757 area. Or at least someone to teach me a little over the net. Id be grateful.

It's a lost cause man, everyone talks about getting together but it doesn't happen. Just keep reading HBT. I moved up to nova, but I gave up on any organized get togethers before I left. Nice thing up here is the club is pretty well organized and do stuff all the time.

I live in Williamsburg, I'm a member of CASK and I'd love to get together and brew. I actually did a class for some young guys at my church on how to make mead last month.

The CASK meeting for February will be held this Thursday, February 19th, starting at 7:30pm at DoG Street Pub in Williamsburg (401 W. Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, Phone: 757-293-6478)

DoG Street has reserved the basement dining room starting at 5pm for club members and guests to have dinner and beer before the meeting. Everyone is encouraged to come out early and show some support for our hosts.

While street parking can be hard to find, the parking garage on North Henry St. usually has plenty of space available.

For this month's style we will be talking about porters (BJCP Category 12)

For this month's technical topic we will be talking about specialty malts typically used in porters.

We will also be discussing the following upcoming events:

• National Homebrewers Conference pre-regisration - February 18-24 (the conference is June 11-13 in San Diego)
  • Weekend Brewer VA Grown Only Ingredient competition - February 21 (entires due Feb 14)
  • Hampton Roads Brewer's Cup #1 Stouts - March 18th, entries due March 17th

Everyone is encouraged to bring their homebrew to share and get feedback on, regardless of style. However, we ask that you please label your bottles with your name and the type of beer.

I just moved back to the VB area too and joined the HRBTS. They seem pretty active and experienced. There is a meeting tonight at the Y-not at Greenbrier. The dues aren't too bad and you get a discount at the local homebrew stores. It paid for itself on the first visit when I bought the 7g chronical. The 7 city brewers facebook page seems pretty active although I haven't been to any meetings.

Is this group still live?

It's a lost cause man, everyone talks about getting together but it doesn't happen.

I'm here in 757. I'd like to meet up with some fellow brewers. I've even considered getting a GOOD local club going because there just isn't a good option around here. I've been to one of the meetings for a club in the area and it was kinda a joke. No real organization, a bunch of beer drinking but no real beer talk. It seemed like it was more of a social gathering with maybe a third of the people actually being homebrewers. They could be doing so much more.

Let me know if you really want to meet up.

Anyone interested in getting involved with helping get a new club going? It's already in the works, but a few people are needed to get it off the ground.

I'm interested. Not brewing as much as I'd like these days, but still knocking out a batch a month or so. Prepping for the O'Conners competition in November right now. Hit me up with the details.

I'm interested. Not brewing as much as I'd like these days, but still knocking out a batch a month or so. Prepping for the O'Conners competition in November right now. Hit me up with the details.

PM sent

I'm interested. I live out in the Lesner Bridge area. I have a goofy work schedule but I'm pretty wide open when I'm home.

Bump!

Born in Portsmouth, raised in Chesapeake living in Portsmouth now with wifey and our three boys. I'll be starting EVMS in January, but love home brewing as my "it's not medicine" passion. I've been brewing beer for about a year, and recently made a cooler mash tun. I got some Black Friday gear today and will be doing my first all grain batch next month (Centennial Blonde). Would love to chat with some locals, make some new friends, and/or join a club (if possible).

Bump!

Born in Portsmouth, raised in Chesapeake living in Portsmouth now with wifey and our three boys. I'll be starting EVMS in January, but love home brewing as my "it's not medicine" passion. I've been brewing beer for about a year, and recently made a cooler mash tun. I got some Black Friday gear today and will be doing my first all grain batch next month (Centennial Blonde). Would love to chat with some locals, make some new friends, and/or join a club (if possible).
PM sent. Check your messages. November meeting is this Thursday Nov 30.

I live in Portsmouth (Churchland). Been brewing for about a year, and got another 10 gallon batch going right now.
I need to join this group!

Is this still an active thing? Always looking for new ideas/tips. If ya don't mind a cider guy!

Living in vab by little check. Brewing up a storm. Working on my technique, and pliny clones. Trying to get hazy-ness down.

Brewing is too much fun. I'm going to get it though. Look out Sam, Jim and Russian River... I'm coming for you

Last edited:
Living in va, by little check. Brewing up a storm. Working on my technique, and pliny clones.
Nice. There is a small group of us that get together occasionally. Let me know if you're interested in getting up for some brewing/sampling. I'm also in VA Beach (assuming you're by Little Creek), and brew several times a month.

Nice. There is a small group of us that get together occasionally. Let me know if you're interested in getting up for some brewing/sampling. I'm also in VA Beach (assuming you're by Little Creek), and brew several times a month.
When and where good sir, let me know and I'm there. Time permitting.

I am still active. Not sure how many others are. Shifted somewhat over to FB, so don't do as much on HBT. Look up Coastal Virginia Homebrewers Guild on Facebook.

I just got back into brewing so ill have to check that out. Im in VB.

There is also a group called 7 city brewers for anyone else in the 757 area

I agree, to bad for covid bc i would have liked to get up with some to brew but for now I've been solo.. occasionally getting my brother to help drag equipment around lol.

We are getting by right now on Zoom for meetings... lots of local brewery sample-pack group buys with brewers joining the meetings to talk about their beer and answer questions.

Still running the barrel program... have a yeast ex-beer-iment in the works.

Trying to keep the club active in the current environment. Most folks seem to be OK with it.

I know at least one guy *cough* me *cough* who will still have people over on brew days ;)

We are getting by right now on Zoom for meetings... lots of local brewery sample-pack group buys with brewers joining the meetings to talk about their beer and answer questions.

Still running the barrel program... have a yeast ex-beer-iment in the works.

Trying to keep the club active in the current environment. Most folks seem to be OK with it.

I know at least one guy *cough* me *cough* who will still have people over on brew days ;)

Yeah i noticed the homebrew supply owner ( i think he is the owner) mentioning it on the group which is cool bc im still learning the yeast side of things.

Id love to have experienced people over, or anyone really, bc I still am learning and improving my process. Its easy to ask questions over the net but nothing beats in person advice/experience. Im actually brewing saturday most likely.. i have a belgian strong waiting for me lol.

Im definitely up for some brew days. Looking to upscale my setup into 15G TC Spike MLT and BK 2V system.

Back