7 Gallon Aqua Container Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LamIAm

Reaction score
In my search on this board, I've found a few posts about using the 7 gallon aqua container from Wal-Mart/Amazon but had some more questions.

1) The lid comes with a spigot that I could probably use to rack into my corny. Will tipping the container to get the liquid out of the spigot stir up all the stuff at the bottom and give me a cloudy beer?

2) Is using a pressure washer to clean a bad idea? I was going to hit it with the pressure washer than load in some oxy clean and shake the heck out of it. OR, I could use the better bottle technique and put a wet soapy rag in there and swish around.

3) Versus getting a 6 or 7 gallon food grade bucket, is this a viable choice? I do not have a local retailer that sells buckets this large. The container is $13 at Wal-Mart and the buckets are about $15 shipped, so not that much cost difference.

I have one container right now that is brewing cider. The lid has a hole that I pushed a stopper into and ran my blow off tube out of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back