6277 Denali Nuggetzilla Single Hop Results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theoryno7

Reaction score
I know there are a few old threads posted about this hop, but I had trouble finding good info on it so I wanted to post something more recent for anyone that is looking for information.

I ran across a pound of the 2015 harvest of this hop and decided to put it to work. 3.5 Gallon batch:
7lb Golden Promise
1 lb Rolled Oats
Mashed at 152º
No hops in boil
3oz at flame out
3oz at 170º (Whirlpool)
4oz at 150º (Whirlpool)
Fermented with London III @ 64 for 3 days then raised to 68
Kegged with 6 oz keg hops.

IMG_2337.jpg

The results are a nice cloudy NEIPA with soft bitterness and aroma/flavor of pineapple and melon. Don't get much of the juicy fruit character that some people talk about. Very nice hop though. The flavors are subtle, not in your face like other hops. The warmer the beer gets, the more the pineapple comes out.

I would love any recipe comments or other thoughts from people who have used this hop, especially if they've blended it with other hops.

I brewed a SMaSH with it a while back, and it was definitely all pineapple. I enjoyed it, and still have some left in the freezer that I may chunk in my next IPA or APA.

Back