6 Year old takes off in family UFO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That helium is less dense than 'air'? I don't see what could of possibly been proven. Its more basic than even a weather balloon.

No sort of propulsion system? When they said experimental I figured there was something new to it.

My theory.

There is tons and tons of money in grants and contracts with new expirmental aircrafts but you need to prove they work. This thing is an experiement and the guy didn't want to be the test dummy. The FAA won't just let you let this thing go to see what happens. Well now they just proved on national television that it works.

Perhaps. But, it wasn't carrying a load and even a trash bag can "fly" (full of helium) to 7000ft.

I bet the kid is next door playing Nintendo while the babysitter is getting laid and the owner just need to learn how to tie a better knot.

Or the kid bailed.

Local news reports that there was basket attached that was not seen on the video. What we saw was the "envelope" - just the balloon. They suspect the basket came off somewhere near the home.

www.9news.com

Local news reports that there was basket attached that was not seen on the video. What we saw was the "envelope" - just the balloon. They suspect the basket came off somewhere near the home.

www.9news.com

Except that the parents never made any comment about a basket being attached to it. I'm sure they would have noticed it wasn't there while watching the news coverage.

I hope they didnt use this as a cover for something worse, which I'd rather not say. When they interviewed the neighbor, he said he doesnt recall seeing the 6 year old this morning.

I hope they didnt use this as a cover for something worse, which I'd rather not say. When they interviewed the neighbor, he said he doesnt recall seeing the 6 year old this morning.

+1... I definitely think you're thinking what I'm thinking.

The family is saying there was some kind of a box attached tho the bottom of the craft, and it's missing now.

As if the Wife Swap Storm Chaser thing wasn't weird enough, check out the Not Pussified rap video the kids are in. These people are moonbats. Hope this wasn't some dumb publicity stunt gone bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 6 years old, he probably weighs less than 50 lbs. I doubt the balloon would have trouble lifting off with him in it.

Well, based on how many helium balloons it took fo the Mythbusters to get a kid a couple of feet off the ground, I'm thinking that balloon isn't NEARLY big enough.

We should send them a bill for helping us waste our time.

No joke, police out there, helicopters, and the whole thing looks like a big stunt cooked up by a bunch of exposure loving nutbars! :mad:

I remember seeing one of those wife swap episodes with that family. They were crazy, especially the dad. He would just go off and start yelling and throwing things. It was weird.

what with the impact on the moon recently and now the appearance of this ballon....nobody will get this, but... it brings to mind 'the unparalleled adventure of one hans pfaall'

hanspfaall.jpg

LOL... watching Wolf Blitzer interview the family. Wolf asked the kid why he didn't come out of the attic sooner and he said "umm... we did it for the show." and when Wolf tried to ask what he meant about that the dad wouldn't let him talk anymore.

LOL... watching Wolf Blitzer interview the family. Wolf asked the kid why he didn't come out of the attic sooner and he said "umm... we did it for the show." and when Wolf tried to ask what he meant about that the dad wouldn't let him talk anymore.

Ha ha. It's already on YouTube. I hope they screw these losers to the wall. What *****ebags.

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

:off: OK, someone has to say it, seeing how we're drunken scientists ourselves. If the kid really had fell out of the thing there would have at least been a bright side. He would have been the only dead six year old to leave a lasting impression on the world.:ban: :off:

I really, really, hate these people right now!!!!! Send them the F-ing bill for the emergency response to this situation and see how quickly that wipes the smug smiles of their smug F-ing faces!!! :mad:

i nknow my papa woulda blistered my buutt for wasting all that and not even going for the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, keeping in mind that this probably belongs in "General Chit-Chat," and I DIDN'T START THE OT THREAD, I thought it was hilarious that everyone assumed the kid was in the balloon. When I got an idea of the balloon's size, my first thought was "Wait- even with helium, this thing is NOT going to even lift a 6-year-old. Then I thought "prank," and I was right. I suspect those kids are going to be in trouble roughly forever.

Well, the Larimer County Sheriff came out this afternoon and said that their investigation found no evidence that would lead them to believe this was a hoax of any kind. :rolleyes:

Which I guess answers the question, "If one wanted to commence on a life of crime, where would be a good place to start?" Why, Larimer County. Not much chance of being apprehended by those brainiacs.

Back