6 weeks, no carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed a 12% Tripel 3 months ago, had it in the primary for 2 weeks, then 4 weeks in a secondary. I bottled with enough priming sugar for 2.7 volumes. I have now opened one after 3 weeks, and 1 after 6 weeks, and same result, absolutely no carbonation.

Any advice on a fix for this problem? This would be an expensive 6 gallons to waste.

It happens. Your yeast is just really tired. Some yeast strains can't handle the 12% alcohol. You might need to purchase some of that conditioning yeast like CBC-1, pop each cap, sprinkle just a couple of grains into each bottle, then re-cap. I haven't done this myself, but it should work, in theory.

That’s what I fear. I had at least 600 Billion Trappist yeast cells, and staggered the sugars by going complex the simple. I was hoping this would keep them going.

I have a packet of us-05 I could use, not conditioning yeast, but also not one that adds much flavor.

Latest posts

Back