5L mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCO2011

Reaction score
Has anyone used the party star mini keg setup? There are mixed reviews on the Midwest supplies website. It looks like a great way to keg if you don't wanna invest in a new corny setup and fridge.

I've got experience. I've tried it twice and each time was different.

I think they make a great reuasable (to a certain extent) cask system.

Also, a friend uses them with a portable CO2 charging system (BB gun cartridge and ball lock adapter). The CO2 helps to keep the beer fresher and hold carb better. There is a limit to how much pressure you can put on the keg fittings, but it works well enough.

When I did it I simply filled from the keg and planned on drinking that day/weekend.

While they work fine in a way, they are not a direct replacement for a real kegging system.

I used a similar system for 3 years and felt it was the greatest...till I went to a full keg system. In the end the full keg system is far superior and should be the goal for any home brewer that wants the best.

Back