5daycider Cloudy, but gooood.!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrans84

Reaction score
Well after only 7 days I made the 5 day cider.
Check it before I kegged it , about an hour ago, and it's at 7%abv.
I couldn't wait till it Got all the way carbonated. So after the third mug I remembered to post this .
Any way pretty drink off my first coder and have to work in the morn so I'm going to bed.
Dear hangover:

Please be nice to me...

jfrans84 said:
Well after only 7 days I made the 5 day cider.
Check it before I kegged it , about an hour ago, and it's at 7%abv.
I couldn't wait till it Got all the way carbonated. So after the third mug I remembered to post this .
Any way pretty drink off my first coder and have to work in the morn so I'm going to bed.
Dear hangover:

Please be nice to me...

image-3726178475.jpg

Here it is

What was the recipe? I am looking to brew my first ever batch starting this weekend, but frankly, I really need to be drinking it in under a month to make it worth it to me. I'm doing it at room temperature (in my apartment, about 75-78 F), maybe in bath of water in the sink or something to keep it a little cooler. So far, most of what I've heard has suggested that a week for primary and a week or two (probably two) for secondary fermentation is the best I can get away with and still have something decent with a reasonable abv.

Derek - check the recipes tab, it's under 'ciders'.. and 'five day sweet country cider'.. easy as pie and tastes good too :p

I was thinking about trying out this recipe. After hearing this. I will proceed.

I put together two variations (used pear juice for 1 batch and honey in both) this weekend. Both of the juices I used were very sweet to begin with so the variation with the honey seemed like a good idea. I am looking forward to trying them out. Currently I am at almost 24 hours of fermenting and the temp is 72 degrees.

Back