50% Coupon for Inkbird New Released Waterproof bbq Thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a chance to use mine last weekend.
Yes, you really have to push hard to get the plug in all the way.
If the wires cross or touch the same metal surface the get the highest temp on them all.
other than that they work well the alarm is quite noticeable almost to being annoying.

Ok just got mine.

First impressions:
Usbc charging! = Awesome
Magnet = works great
Range = I was able to set this by my grill and go to my bedroom and read the temps no problem. My bedroom is on the second floor in the front of the house and the grill is lower level on the back of the house.

Software:

Not sure if this is just me or of other have had issues but my app is not updating unless I stay in it. If I back out of it and go back in it will not update until I shut it down and reset it.

I attached two photos that are a screen shot one after another after rebooting the app.

Thoughts?
Screenshot_20181107-181337.jpeg
Screenshot_20181107-181351.jpeg

Ok just got mine.

First impressions:
Usbc charging! = Awesome
Magnet = works great
Range = I was able to set this by my grill and go to my bedroom and read the temps no problem. My bedroom is on the second floor in the front of the house and the grill is lower level on the back of the house.

Software:

Not sure if this is just me or of other have had issues but my app is not updating unless I stay in it. If I back out of it and go back in it will not update until I shut it down and reset it.

I attached two photos that are a screen shot one after another after rebooting the app.

Thoughts?View attachment 596703View attachment 596704
The data will not update if over the bluetooth range. Guess during this peroid, you have lost connect with the bluetooth. So you have to rebooting the unit.

I received mine today and was playing with it and gathering thoughts for my review. So far my biggest issue is that there are 4 probes, but you can only see 3 of them on the app screen at one time. I think it would be much better if you could see all four readouts at once and not have to scroll.

The ability to rename the presets would be a nice upgrade.

Edited because you can create custom named presets. Thank you brewmasterorr for showing how.

Last edited:
I received mine today and was playing with it and gathering thoughts for my review. So far my biggest issue is that there are 4 probes, but you can only see 3 of them on the app screen at one time. I think it would be much better if you could see all four readouts at once and not have to scroll.

The ability to rename the presets would be a nice upgrade.
You can add a present at the bottom.

I tired to uninstall and reinstall and still having the same issue. Unless I have the app pulled up it does not update. Attached is a photo of the actual temp with alarm going off and my phone not registering the change. This seems to be a software issue not a hardware issue... Anyone else hanging this problem?
IMG_20181108_174457.jpeg
Screenshot_20181108-174517.jpeg

I tired to uninstall and reinstall and still having the same issue. Unless I have the app pulled up it does not update. Attached is a photo of the actual temp with alarm going off and my phone not registering the change. This seems to be a software issue not a hardware issue... Anyone else hanging this problem?View attachment 596860View attachment 596861
We contacts several customer yesterday and did several samples test. Haven't this problem. Will send you a replacement. Guess this unit has some inside problems.

Nothing but problems with this until i re-read this thread. You have to push the plugs in real hard. There is a false stop that will give wonky readings. Once in push again and then the app and device seems to work fine. Evaluating today.

Quick question. If not using the app how do i switched between degrees Celsius and degrees F on the display...?

Last edited:
Nothing but problems with this until i re-read this thread. You have to push the plugs in real hard. There is a false stop that will give wonky readings. Once in push again and then the app and device seems to work fine. Evaluating today.

Quick question. If not using the app how do i switched between degrees Celsius and degrees F on the display...?

Customers have to change the Celsius and Fahrenheit by the app, not the unit. The unit will save the Celsius or Fahrenheit you operated next time.

I have been really enjoying my IBT-4XP and tend to use 2 probes at any one time. I use it for BBQ and Brewing. So far my only wish is a waterproof probe. When I use for mash temp or water I get wonky readings because the probes get fully submerged. I have gotten them revived by drying them out in the stove.
Thanks for a great product!

Ive been using this IBT-4XP for my brew days and noticed last weekend that I was off by about 7 degrees.
I will admit that I submerged a couple of the probes for a full 60min mash. I did oven dry them per a support email from Inkbird.
I have the 4 probes (2-used, 2-never used) in a glass of ice water.
Probe | Temp
1. 36° F
2. 45°
3. 48°
4. 50°

Anybody got any suggestions on calibration or how to get this working more accurately?
Thanks!

Back