5 liter mini keg dispensing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevA

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of dipping into the world of kegging, but don't want to spend too much starting the process, so I'm looking at the mini kegs as a trail run.

I'd like to find out if one can use the built in tap on the bottom of the keg, and pump CO2 in from the top to maintain pressue? Has anyone done this with sucess?
Or does one have to buy the party star dispenser that uses a diptube to dispense from the top?

I just ventured into the world of kegging after 2 years of bottling. Didnt want a large 5G and settled on a 2.5G torpedo keg from morebeer. I kegged and bottled so i can still gift some beer out.
The setup was simple and turnkey. I looked around at other options but this seemed the best for ease of use and price point. If you are just starting out this setup was great and I highly recommend it !

Thanks Revvy!

You're welcome. I think with the rise over the last couple years of 1 gallon all grain kits and other small batch brewing, more and more people are going to be looking at low cost/diy alternatives to full sized kegging systems.

Imagine how many of these could fit in a dorm sized "kegerator?"

When I get around to doing this, I'm going to somehow have a standard keg beverage out and gas in connectors (or something) on it so I can hook it right in line with my hookups in my keezer.

Something similar to what I did for the line out of my waterfilter randall.

C54DB923-305F-41BA-9EB5-7B77331A0083_zpstpmn5b8a.jpg

looks like a good idea to me. I usually brew 1.25 gal at a time, so the mini kegs would suit my purpose more, I don't want to have to change my brewing habbits just so I can fill a normal corny. My long term goal is also to use standard connections. I've seen some one amazon, but they are a little over-priced IMO...
This type of thing also gives the option of doing a small experimental brew and having it on tap, without having to brew 5 gal of it.

Back