5 liter kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure...got a load of them.

I recommend the ones with the built in tap and bungs with the red "key" in it that you need to open to allow the beer to flow.

You won't need to by a tap with these.

Prime with 1 tablespoon of sugar.

I use them too. I have a Tap A Draft system and use a converter that works with the 5L mini kegs. I love the simplicity.

I've got several of them and a Tap a Draft also. I usually do 1 or 2 kegs per batch and bottle the rest. +1 on the vent bungs, also the rubber reusable bungs with the plastic plug in the middle. They aren't very expensive so get a collection of the bungs to use for different purposes.

I am going to be painting mine with chalkboard paint so I can label whats in them.

Yes I have the kind with a red key in the side towards the bottom. I think if I put a small Co2 dispenser in the top then use the bottom to pour the beer from. Can you always reuse the bottom spout?

The top bung that I have is gray with a plastic insert in it.

Those are perfect to use with the TAP A DRAFT system, or if you build a beer engine. you just push the insert through the top and stick the tube/tap into it. Also if you plan to kill the keg quickly (in a few hours)

If you are going to stick it in the fridge and just pull a draft every once in a while I would recommend using the black vented ones since they can be closed off.

Back