5 gallon recipes scaled down to mr beer fermenter ANY Programs that do it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rave808

Reaction score
I have some 5 gallon extract recipes and was wondering it there are any programs out there that if I put in ingredients for 5 gallon batch that then it will convert it down to a mr beer fermenter size batch?

I am guessing Beersmith does this. I scale 5 gallon all grain recipes on Beersmith frequently. You can also do good ol fashion math. Divide the quantity of the ingredient by 5, multiply that number by 2 (or 3, not sure what the 'Mr. Beer' fermenter size is..) You're just figuring out how much per gallon for each ingredient and then multiplying to your desired gallons...

You can do it on brewtoad.com, it's free. but, assuming you're doing 2 gallon batches, all you really need to do is multiply each ingredient by 0.4, or just do what lukeziegler said, you'll get the same number.

It would be 0.5 for 2.5 gallons. At a 2.5 gallon batch your are just halving your ingredients. You probably still want to pitch the full yeast amount (or real close to it.)

Aren't the mr. beer barrels made for 2 gallon batches? If the container holds 2.5 gallons, you definitely want to leave that half gallon as head-space

You can get 2.5 gallons in them . I've split some muntons and coopers kits in them and did 2.5 gallon batches

Latest posts

Back