40th Birthday Trip Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondra76

Reaction score
So my 40th birthday is coming up on St Patricks Day, and chances are that I will be drinking beer.

I'm looking for somewhere to go in the US for a weekend. A couple of my buddies love breweries.

We live in Denver. I was thinking Bend, Oregon. But I definitely want to do a trip somewhere that has multiple quality breweries and is fun for a group of guys.

Any suggestions? Where do Beer Travelers typically go besides Denver?

Portland has a bunch, but being from Seattle, I can suggest the Ballard suburb, which is just north of the downtown Seattle area. There are at least a dozen breweries within walking/cab/bicycle distance... Rooftop, Hilliards, Maritime Pacific, Stoup, Peddler, Twin Peaks, Hales, are all within 1/2 mile of each other.
Check out the WA.B.L app (Washington Beer Lovers) available for your smart phone. It lists breweries by name, and map location with links to each breweries website.
We also have lots of small craft distilleries with tasting rooms if you like spirits.

Asheville,NC has a ton. Plus Sierra Nevadas new kick ass brewery is just down the road in Mills River. Just depends if you wanna travel that far.

Nice - I have been to Seattle, but was thinking Bend. I am looking for places off the radar quite honestly.

San Diego is not exactly off the radar, but it's easy to get to, the beer here is awesome and the weather/beaches ain't bad neither. just sayin'...

Back