4 tap kegerator through wall build - pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
I figured I would share this here. Spend a lot of time lurking around this site for ideas. Here is what I came up with for my keezer that feeds thru the wall to the taps on the bar side. Used pvc to run lines in and air out of the keezer to a box mounted on the back side of the drip tray.

Cheers!

IMG_20170819_200053.jpg

IMG_20170819_203555.jpg

IMG_20170819_210420.jpg

IMG_20170819_210425.jpg

IMG_20170819_214049.jpg

IMG_20170820_203528.jpg

IMG_20170820_192402.jpg

IMG_20170820_203450.jpg

IMG_20170819_214038.jpg

That's uber clean. Nicely done :mug:
Poured anything yet?

Yep... So far so good. Left beer sit in line for a few days and then ran my stout thru. Was worried a little bit about that. Fan helps a lot... I'm not super excited about just running it 24/7 tho.

Nicely done!

Only thing I might suggest is using some 1" foam board to insulate inside the coffin.

As far as the fan....I have the same fan in my keezer and it runs 24/7.

Oh cool...how long have you had it in there? Do you have it plugged in to a regular outlet? I am thinking a GFI outlet probably isn't necessary? I considered wiring it in to the love controller and only having it run when the compressor on the freezer is running...but I figured that is probably kind of dumb and one more failure point/potential disaster

Yeah I need to do that with the foam board-- thank you for reminding me

Oh cool...how long have you had it in there? Do you have it plugged in to a regular outlet? I am thinking a GFI outlet probably isn't necessary? I considered wiring it in to the love controller and only having it run when the compressor on the freezer is running...but I figured that is probably kind of dumb and one more failure point/potential disaster

Yeah I need to do that with the foam board-- thank you for reminding me

Mine's been in there for....16 months? It runs off a USB power supply plugged in outside the keezer and I run the power line under the collar, which is just sitting on foam tape. The power line is the same diameter as the line of the temperature probe.

I'm using mine just to ensure I don't have temperature strata in the keezer, keep mixing the air.

Are you shanks mounted directly to the drywall? If so, I'd recommend reenforcing that with a plywood backer between the studs. Even something like 1/4" will make a huge difference in durability.

Edit: not to mention, the drywall will not like any humidity that will build up in the system.

If it were mine I would insulate the box area where the shanks are and around the PVC tubing and eliminate one tube and the fan all together. I have my kegs in a refrigerator and have never worried about temperature stratification. YMMV.

Hey kh54s10!! I just noticed you from RI too!! Didn't know there were others hahaha! I'm from Cumberland... work in Newport!

Back