3rd shift homebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcorn

Reaction score
Who else out there loves getting a boil going at the late night/early morning hours? Most of my batches are done around 2am. I enjoy every minute of it! So pretty seeing that flame light up my back porch lol

I am a late night home brewer! It has its advantages in the summer, beats brewing in the heat of the day. It wasn't until my 8th batch that I actually brewed in the daylight and it felt weird.

I work late as well, and while I usually try to brew in the afternoon I think the earliest I've had the fire lit was 3:30PM. Invariably, the moon is high in the sky before yeast is pitched.

I did this two batches ago when the wife was out with friends for the night, and I had put the kiddo down for bed. Doughed in around 8 PM and finished up around 1 AM. Watched a simul-cast concert while brewing, and really had a blast.

Will definitely do it again in the near future.

Haha I remember the old days of double batching beer at 2 in the morning. I would get done pitching my yeast and say "why not go for another one?" lol. I love brewing in the summer too though. During that 60 min. boil I would sneak off into the pool to cool down.

Latest posts

Back