3rd batch in the fermenter.....oh yea!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaRooster

Reaction score
First off this hobby is a horrible addiction.....all I think about is my next batch!

Thanks to everyone here I got my 3rd batch off without a hitch. It is a Fat Tire Clone and I incorporated all the tips from the forum and accomplished my first partial mash. More stuff to wash but it was not that bad.

Mashed specialty grains for 30 minutes starting temp was 157 and ending was 155

Sparged the grains with 1/2 gallon of 170 degree water

Added 1/3 of my 6 lbs Golden LME and hops to the slightly more than 2 gallon mixture and boiled for 60 minutes

Added the remaining LME to the batch with 5 minutes left and by 2 minutes left it was back at a boil and I tossed the Saaz hoops

Ice bath 15 minutes and it is down to 110 2 gallons almost ice spring water later it was down to 65 degrees and topped off with room temp spring water for a final temp of 68 degrees

Stirred up and pitched yeast starter I was freaking out over and the guys here helped

now we wait 3 weeks or so for the yeasties to do their business!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!! The amazing thing was that the wort tasted like a really sweet fat tire.

SG = 1.042

When your significant other starts complaining all you do is brew, or when you break a bottle and it feels like the loss of achild, then you know you're addicted.

Congratulations. It's a life long hobby that you can immerse yourself in and become as extreme or as laid back as you want. It's very versatile for your tastes and those around you and allows you to experiment.

Back