3D printed keg line cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HObrew

Reaction score
Hi all
New member here.
So I have a counter pressure bottle filler and I hated not knowing if my lines were absolutely clean or drained and didn't want to undo the hose clamp just to hook the line up to the garden hose adapter that is already clamped on my wort chiller. So I decided to 3D print a pin lock fitting that I can hook up to a 3/8 ID hose or a pump pesticide spritzer full of star san.

Here are pictures of the liquid side. The gas side is on the printer as I type this.

It isn't perfect and leaks slightly but it is usable and I plan on tweaking it a bit. Maybe remove the ridges on the barb and expand it a bit. Abs shrinks after printing.
I might build it to push out the o ring a bit too.

Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Very nice! Here is my ball lock version. It's been going strong for about a year now.

When I do liquid connections I do solid prints. It seems to help with leaks.
View attachment 383206View attachment 383207

Beautiful!
So glad to know there are other 3D printer owners here. I might have my o-ring protrude further to help with sealing and will try solid infill.

I will convert my barb to have bumps instead of grooves like yours.

So far I have also printed a stir plate. I plan on printing wall hooks to hang my hosed parts while brewing so they can drain.
I might also print a drip tray and mini door for the side of my kegeratoe so I can pull the faucet out without opening the door.

Can't put a tap tower on my kegerator as my microwave sits on it.

My o ring might be a little too far out. It's pretty tight to get a connector on and off. It must be pretty sensitive to tolerances.

I'd advise only going out a little bit at a time.

Very nice. I was checking Thingiverse for an stl and didn't find anything. Any chance you'd be prepared to share the file with us?

Very nice. I was checking Thingiverse for an stl and didn't find anything. Any chance you'd be prepared to share the file with us?

I always meant to put it up on thingiverse, but never got around to it. I had wanted to tweak it a bit and get it right before I did that.

I can put it up there though. It's on my other computer right now. I'll try to get to it in the next day or so.

My files are now on Thingiverse. I hope you all find them useful. Keep me posted on how they work out for you. It's my first part I've published so I'm excited to see how it all works out!

I'll definitely be printing this when my printer arrives! Thanks!

@HObrew, were you able to put your pin lock version on Thingiverse too? I use both connectors and would love both options! Thanks, and great job both of you!

Back