32oz Mississippi Mud bottle reusable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bismarckbrew

Reaction score
I was checking out these bottles for my collection. They’re large (32oz) and have a nice finger handle. What I’m wondering is if the aluminum screw-on cap will seal properly. Has anyone used or tried these bottles?

I used it years ago but only for small starters...the regular universal carboy bung fits. But since then I've learned that 1 qt. starters aren't really that helpful (unless your starting with a small amount of yeast) and you'll get 40 lashes if you put an airlock on your starter.;)

It would be fine to fill up and take over to a friend's house or whatever as long as you keep it cold and drink it relatively soon...although it prob technically would be an 'open-container' in your vehicle.

Worried about 'open container'? Slap a sticker (any sticker will do) over the cap and onto the neck of the bottle.

Instant 'seal'.

Though putting it in a cooler in the cargo compartment of the vehicle would probably solve the issue. 'Open container' laws typically only apply to the passenger compartment.

I actually like Mississippi Mud, it's a pretty smooth and good beer on the cheap...

I put a brown ale in one as a test last year and surprisingly it tasted as good as, if not better, than the regular bottles of that batch! I am now keeping my eye out for more of those. It would also work nicely as a small growler just to carry to a party.

I don't remember if I actually drank and liked the beer that came in it. I just grabbed one or two empties from the beer store where I get my returnables.

Back