30 AMP GFI Power Cord?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaviking

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me locate a 30 Amp 4 wire GFI Cord I can use for my power supply to a Kal based RIMS system.

I looked for a GFCI Breaker, but unfortunately, I have a electrical panel that was pretty full so I needed to actually go with 2 20/30 twp pole breakers and connect them.

I guess I could replace a different 30A circuit breaker and move the wires, I guess I'll have to look again tonight.

But does anyone have a link to a GFCI power cord that would work?

I would suggest go to Lowes and buy 10 gauge 4 conductor wire by the foot, and a 30 Amp twist lock plug and receptacle.

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure why I never though of it before, cause it so simple, but I'm just going to replace one of the other 30 amp breakers with a GFCI breaker and rewire the two breakers so the new outlet uses the GFCI.

Think it will be much easier to replace parts in the future if necessary.

Thanks for the replies though!!

In-panel GFCI breakers are pretty dear (relative to just thermal/magnetic ones) but much cheaper than the GFCI-in-a cord items.

Yeah, no doubt. The in cord ones I saw where anywhere form $150 - $700. And none of them seemed to be 3 pole (4 wires).

The GFCI breaker, while still expensive, is about $103 from Home Depot.

I thought about the spa panel route, but I'd rather pay the extra $40 dollars to not have another box hanging on the wall.

The one I bought, 50 amp can't think of the name now but what everyone here said to get from Home Depot, had a GE breaker in it that went right into my panel.

YMMV

Back