3 tap jockey box build questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedBeard08

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a group of friends are planning to start having brewing competitions and I wanted to build a jockey box to serve all 3 beer at the same time.

My question is has anyone build a 3 tap jockey box using 50' coils? If so how small of a cooler can they fit into?

Please post any pics you may have! greatly appreciate!

I've found 50' coils are overkill for most locations, I use 20' coils in Houston in the summer to good effect. You can pour 35*-ish beer most of the time if it's less than 100* out. If it is 100* than it helps to partially ice the kegs. You can easily fit three coils and taps in a cheap 48 qt. rectangular cooler.

As long as you use the 6" coils I bet you could cram all 3 in a 50 quart cooler like this. These are 8"coils of 3/8th that are 50ft long

very nice jockey box mike. I am trying to use as small a cooler as possible, so that is a strong possibility. what pressure do you usually serve at? much foaming issues?

Back