3-Roller Mills at MoreBeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement for my aged BarleyCrusher. I see MoreBeer has two 3-roller mills I'm looking at - the Malt Muncher and Mighty Mill. The hopper seems larger on the Malt Muncher and has steel rollers. The Mighty Mill has SS rollers and geared top rollers. From reading about the 3-roller mills seems you want geared top rollers??? Does anyone know if the Malt Muncher has geared rollers?

Thanks

Unless the mailt muncher 3 roller has changed again it does not have gears. My cheap 3 roller kegco mill from the beverage factory.com also does not have gears.
It has been going strong as the sole mill at my Brewpub for what will be 3 years in December brewing 3 barrels of beer every week and literally milled pallets of sacks of grain and thousands of Lbs of grain through it at this point including wheat. It has not needed any maintenance at this point and functions flawlessly.

Unless you wet your grain to mill it as some home brewers do, you do not want Stainless rollers as they are soft compared to hardened steel and will wear down quicker than the rollers in your barley crusher which were known for wearing quickly compared to pretty much any other mill sold for brewing.

Last edited:
Back