3 piece ball valve parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can buy individual parts for a 3 piece ball valve? My current one is 1/2" female NPT. I want to replace one end with 1.5" tri clamp but want to keep the other side 1/2" female NPT. I know I can just buy another ball valve with the tri clamps and use my current 1/2" NPT side but that would cost more. I figured if I could just buy that one end it would only be $10 or so instead of $50.

Edit: I did find this which would work but would make the ball valve stick out a little more than it already does. https://www.brewershardware.com/1_5-Tri-Clover-X-1-2-Male-NPT.html?category_id=276

Well that stinks. Looks like I'll just got that adapter for now. Just don't want to buy a new 3 piece valve when I have a working one

Im using the adapters you posted and saw the ss valves thought they were cool so ordered them but after getting them and realizing the only advantage is they saved me about an inch I decided to return them..

The SS ones aren't bad at $32. Could you post what yours looks like with the adapter?

They are a little longer but not enough that it was worth the extra cost to me. The other issue I had was the ssbrewtech valves had a smaller center hole than mine, my valves are full 1/2" flow. The ss looked like 3/8" but im not positive. It was definitely smaller.

View attachment 1491154115596.jpg

Yeah for the cost savings, I don't mind it being a little longer. Yours doesn't look bad at all. I'll have the adapter going to a tri clamp on my kettle. The other end I have a cam lock so that won't change

It would be nice to find 1/2 of a 3 piece ball valve that was a triclover fitting. My 3 pieces of a triclover on one end and a threaded female NPT on the other. I need a 3 piece with both sides being triclover and would like to find just that one side

This quick clean tri clamp ball valve is really nice. I have two NPT threaded ones. They are SO easy to clean.

IMG_1288.png

Back