3 in 1 BIAC vs doing this all over again but electric this time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went with the Stout Herms LODO system with Legs.
I can BIAB and then, up my game to LODO when I am ready after getting my sea legs back. I still need to get a fermenter, some pumps, elements and misc..

I am not going to be getting buyers remorse, Im sure of that!
Its a beautiful system...Might get the ole stink eye from my better half though.

Looks like I will be doing a DIY Controller build.. but that ok.. I love that sort of stuff.. Last build was a Fireworks launcher.
IMG_2719.JPG
IMG_2720.JPG

I did not go with a all in one setup.
I guess I was too skitish about collapsing the jacketed conical...

Thanks again for all the input.. it really helped even though I did not go the All-In-One route. I did manage to get a complete system.

Went with the Stout Herms LODO system with Legs.
I can BIAB and then, up my game to LODO when I am ready after getting my sea legs back. I still need to get a fermenter, some pumps, elements and misc..

I am not going to be getting buyers remorse, Im sure of that!
Its a beautiful system...Might get the ole stink eye from my better half though.

Looks like I will be doing a DIY Controller build.. but that ok.. I love that sort of stuff.. Last build was a Fireworks launcher.
View attachment 591099 View attachment 591100

I did not go with a all in one setup.
I guess I was too skitish about collapsing the jacketed conical...

Thanks again for all the input.. it really helped even though I did not go the All-In-One route. I did manage to get a complete system.

That’s freaking awesome! So very happy for you. Like I mentioned before if I had to do it all over I’d choose stout even though I love my Spike system with no buyers remorse (just a little jealousy).

Glad to pass on my experience to you. We totally somewhat took the same route.

If I had to buy a fermenter today I’d go with brewer’s hardware jacketed fermenter
https://www.brewershardware.com/8-Gallon-Stainless-Steel-Glycol-Jacketed-Conical-Fermentor.html

Keep us updated!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics. So wondering if you ever looked at the Colorado Brewing Systems, and if so, what were your thoughts?

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics. So wondering if you ever looked at the Colorado Brewing Systems, and if so, what were your thoughts?
I really liked their Nano and I dig the hoist setups. At the end of the day, the Stout reviews I have read about the company and product kinda won me over and the LODO seemed like a way to expand my repertoire in regards to brewing techniques - while I wont do this at first, I will have the ability to delve into that and actually see if I cant create something special and unique for my future plans..

Deciding which way to go was agonizing. At the end of the day and if my plans work out for retirement I plan on opening a brew supply shop with plans to have a brew on premises setup with the hope to resell several of the options out there. I will likely have one of each if they are willing to work with me on being a distributor/reseller and hopefully not have minimum orders. eventually I may try to go with a small 5-7bbl brewpub but that is a ways off... If I go that route I really like Brewha: this was a pretty cool setup for a small space.

Back