3 gallon cornys 49.95

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap!

I just got an email that mine has shipped. Unless it gets here before Sunday, I would prefer them to wait a week. I will be out of town next week. The local thugling teens might swipe it if it sits on the porch for a week. I'll have the neighbor that is feeding the cat stick it inside, I guess.

I was just going to email them to hold my order and got the shipping email.

Mine got held up because as previously stated, Morebeer has no clue what is in inventory at any given point in time. Other than this bargain I find that they truly suck and I don't think I will ever order from them again. Fingers crossed!

Mine came today 1 day earlier than UPS said all in pretty good condition 1 has a minor dent 3 came presurized . They do need a good clean up though just looks like they did a quick rinse and changed all the o-rings.

3gallon1.JPG

dent
3gallon11.JPG

Mine got held up because as previously stated, Morebeer has no clue what is in inventory at any given point in time. Other than this bargain I find that they truly suck and I don't think I will ever order from them again. Fingers crossed!

I've also had inventory issues with morebeer, they held up my last order by three weeks for pretty much no reason other than "our warehouse is backed up with orders right now." :mad:

This time, I ordered two of the 3-gal kegs and used the promo code, but somehow got charged full price anyway. I remember seeing the discount right after I applied it, but before I submitted the order I went back and changed quantities or took something out of the cart. Stupidly, I didn't notice until I got the "Your Order Has Shipped" email.

They told me this:

I apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we have no way of retroactively applying discounts to an order, and because this order has been finalized (shipped) we are unable to move it back to sales to make changes to it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Kyle Somers
MoreFlavor! Inc.
800-600-0033

So I'm out $40. Hopefully at least the kegs will be in good shape when they get here...

I've also had inventory issues with morebeer, they held up my last order by three weeks for pretty much no reason other than "our warehouse is backed up with orders right now." :mad:

This time, I ordered two of the 3-gal kegs and used the promo code, but somehow got charged full price anyway. I remember seeing the discount right after I applied it, but before I submitted the order I went back and changed quantities or took something out of the cart. Stupidly, I didn't notice until I got the "Your Order Has Shipped" email.

They told me this:

So I'm out $40. Hopefully at least the kegs will be in good shape when they get here...

They just don't get the customer service/goodwill aspect of business! If I was in their place I would eat the $40 and you would have sung far and wide about how good they were!. They truly suck.

They told me this:

I apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we have no way of retroactively applying discounts to an order, and because this order has been finalized (shipped) we are unable to move it back to sales to make changes to it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Kyle Somers
MoreFlavor! Inc.
800-600-0033

That's a BS answer, but there's a simple solution. It's called, let me speak to a manager. I want a $40 credit on my credit card or I will refuse the order and contest it. It's real simple.

I find I get much better results when I deal with them via the phone versus email. Every time I've called they've never refused a reasonable request whether it be Ryan, Kyle, or the ladies name who escapes me at the moment. Just my 2 cents worth

They told me this:

Yup , I noticed the same thing, you can only apply the code at checkout, if you attempt to go back to order something.. it disappears. I'd call them.

I cleaned them last night. All the ones I got look to have new post's on them. Guess there were in such a rush to fill the orders it was time verses money type thing . The one that had no pressure the out post was finger tight its holding fine now.

They told me this:

Call them, im sure they will make it right.

Ordered two and they arrived yesterday.

Pretty clean, compared to some of my 5gal cornies. Both were under pressure and only one had a small dent.

Ordered two and they arrived yesterday.

Pretty clean, compared to some of my 5gal cornies. Both were under pressure and only one had a small dent.

Mine were like new. No stickers or scuffs, and very "clean" smelling when I opened them up. No odors at all, and no nicks or dents. I LOVE them!

Ordered mine on 6/13 and still shows as being picked. Although I did speak with Kyle a couple of days ago and he said I'll get them. We'll see.

Mine cam in great shape as well, they need a quick rub with Bar Keepers Friend to get some grime off the outside, but that is no big deal, I expect it buying used cornies. One of the set did come without the ability to hold pressure. I narrowed down the problem to a broken relief valve. They sent out a replacement within 10 minutes of my email explaining the situation. Great customer service.

2 received in nice condition on the outside, no dents, just one label to razor blade off. Inside of one smelled like? Really no way to describe it - not pleasant. The other smelled like pretty fresh sprite that had been just dumped out, inside of that keg is a bit nasty and they are both undergoing the Oxy procedure at the moment - both mom & dad are pacing the hallway hoping all goes well.

I now have a lot of small kegs and nothing to put in them yet.

So is the appeal of the 3 gallon more portability? What do you do with the other 2+ gallons of your batch, bottle it?
I've searched around fpor a few of these and c3annot justify the price they want..fuggen 3 to 10 times the price of a 5 gallon ball lock?

So is the appeal of the 3 gallon more portability? What do you do with the other 2+ gallons of your batch, bottle it?
I've searched around fpor a few of these and c3annot justify the price they want..fuggen 3 to 10 times the price of a 5 gallon ball lock?

I either brew a small batch for the little keg, brew an 8 gallon batch for five and three gallon kegs, or do a transfer from a five gallon to the 3 gallon keg.

Last weekend, I drug two 5 gallon kegs to a family reunion. It was a pain.

With my mini-kegerator, it is a breeze to carry two 3 gallon kegs. Sixty 12oz cups of homebrew goodness, in an easy to move package.

:mug:

They had these kegs on sale at the convention for $40.
They looked really good, although the ones that were delivered to the house Thursday looked better :)

I ordered the day they became available and received them last Thursday - pretty standard timeframe. I assume the delay for more recent orders is due to the NHC.

Mine were in pretty good shape, a few minor dings, some gross stuff that looked like dirt in the corners of the handles. The insides smelled clean, and have what look like new o-rings, though the top of one post (where the o-ring goes) may be dented. I'm soaking them now, I'll disassemble and clean the posts later today.

Regarding the coupon ordering glitch, I've not heard back from the support email folks in a few days, so I sent a polite email directly to Chris Graham expressing my disappointment with their inventory system and ordering process. If that doesn't work out, I'm giving up on morebeer...Ultimately it was my fault for not double-checking the invoice before submitting the order, but that's a screwy system to dump the discounts when the cart is updated. I've never seen that behavior with any other online shopping cart system.

I just saw this and went to B3 sold out, doh anyone have just 1 they would want to sell me, please let me know.

I could see how that'd be rather irritating. You'd think they'd pick them in the order that they're purchased.

Regarding the coupon ordering glitch, I've not heard back from the support email folks in a few days, so I sent a polite email directly to Chris Graham expressing my disappointment with their inventory system and ordering process. If that doesn't work out, I'm giving up on morebeer...Ultimately it was my fault for not double-checking the invoice before submitting the order, but that's a screwy system to dump the discounts when the cart is updated. I've never seen that behavior with any other online shopping cart system.

Did you try calling them yet? They are excellent by phone. I think they have a toll free number too.

Back