3 gallon corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopdog1

Reaction score
SWMBO got me a 3 gallon corny. Can I put beer in there straight from tap and then put pressure on it to take to a party? I understand I can rack beer in there with priming sugar but I plan to use it often.

You could indeed do that. Even better, if you know a party is rolling around, brew a 3 gallon batch that way you don't need to worry about transferring it.

You could also rack beer with priming sugar but then you get quite a bit of trub at the bottom of that keg.

Why not brew 3 gallons and instead of the priming sugar, use THIS CALCULATOR and force carb.......

I want a 3 gallon corny, does your SWMBO wanna get me one too??? :rockin:

Yeah, they're great for parties. I carry two of them around:

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

I have four of the 3 gallon kegs now, and would like one or two more. My new home little kegerator holds two 5 gallons and a 3 gallon.

Yeah, they're great for parties. I carry two of them around:

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

I have four of the 3 gallon kegs now, and would like one or two more. My new home little kegerator holds two 5 gallons and a 3 gallon.
That is sick...Well done!

If you've already got a 5 gallon keg - you can make up a "beer to beer" jumper for your corny kegs, and use it to connect the beer out lines from the full 5 gal. keg to the beer out side of the empty 3 gallon keg... and then just "burp" the pressure relief on the 3 gallon keg to allow the beer to slowly transfer.

Doing it that way will allow you to fill the 3 gallon keg without any sediment, or without too much exposure to air. (none if you purge the 3 gallon keg first with CO2.)

A jumper! That is a sweet idea, now I can put my first all- grain batch in there. Thanks!

Jumpers ate great for taking 3 gal kegs to parties because the yeast has already settled in the 5 gallon keg and won't make the 3 gallon cloudy when you transport it.

Latest posts

Back