• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 Gal Ball Lock -$65

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

replytonick

Reaction score
Saw a lot go couple weeks ago. I have a 3 Gal Cornie sitting around not used. In SoCal. The same single handle style in the 15 lot the OR person sold. Drop an e-mail and I'll get you shipping. If you have two of the more common 5 gal, may be interest in trade if it's not far off shipping wise. Thanks.

If Shelly's offer falls through, I would ship you 2 super clean nearly new 5g for the 3gallon. These even have a liquid level sensor, which I pull out and just ignore or use as a thermowell, or it could be used as an additional liquid out, whichever you prefer.
photo47.jpg

If Shelly's offer falls through, I would ship you 2 super clean nearly new 5g for the 3gallon. These even have a liquid level sensor, which I pull out and just ignore or use as a thermowell, or it could be used as an additional liquid out, whichever you prefer.
If Shelly's deal doesn't fall through, I have a 2-1/2 gallon that I might part with for that offer if you're interested. BTW, what's that extra fitting on the corny?

AnOldUr
I'd prefer the 3g but that deal would be fine, too. The extra fitting is for a liquid level sensor, which is just a switch of some kind to let you know when it's nearly empty. It's in a sealed end diptube so the end could be cut off to make a second dip tube or what I did with that one is pull out the wiring and either ignore it or use it as a thermowell. You could put a gas in post on that side and attach a carbonating stone to that tube.
I haven't looked into shipping costs yet but it should work out to be a good trade.

If Shelly's deal doesn't fall through, I have a 2-1/2 gallon that I might part with for that offer if you're interested. BTW, what's that extra fitting on the corny?

My offer is 2 kegs, pin-lock or ball-lock, solid, clean-no leaks. 1 set new disconnects and 2 sets new orings & gaskets.

I'm also intersted in 2.5 gal kegs if you have others to sell or trade

Hey guys, I try and stay away from the computer and regulate myself on weekends, I'll send back e-mails Monday. E-mail me, as I'm not into the PM thing (or texting for that matter). Thought someone in SoCal local may roam on the site, most I know here are pretty hardcore and have one of these. Kinda cool to split a batch between kegs/bottles, and not waste co2, keep a smaller amount in keg from having too much air headspace. Still newer to brewing, so can use more common kegging containers more.

It came from a bar a friend gave me and I'm restoring, they used it for wine during a wedding party and probably not much more than that as the rest of it was Grundy taps.

I believe Grundy/Sanke are the same? In either case, I have about 3 of these taps I may part with also. They are Grundy taps.

replytonick at gmail dot com

The extra fitting is for a liquid level sensor, which is just a switch of some kind to let you know when it's nearly empty. It's in a sealed end diptube so the end could be cut off to make a second dip tube or what I did with that one is pull out the wiring and either ignore it or use it as a thermowell.
Nice! will the sensor from a Johnson controller fit down there?

I don't think the bulb kind of sensor will fit and it's too tight for the ranco probe, at least with it's heat shrink tube around it. I was going to try taking it off to check but have not gotten around to it.
Nick, did you sell the keg, do you have a picture or can you describe the condition? send it to my email if you can.
Thanks,
Ben

Sorry guys, I gave it a couple days and someone local PMed me anxious to get it. The 15 minute drive to meetup was probably shorter than trying to box/sit at my post office. Thanks for the interest. Seems a lot are rigging up these kegs. Seems it's easy to just grab the handle and toss into a cooler vs a 5 gal. More will pop up here I'm sure. I have some sanke taps I'm looking to sell next. Need the 5/16 ID cornie connects, and a freezer temp controller.

Latest posts

Back