3/4" weldless fitting and other plumbing questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost

Reaction score
My new center inlet, brass head, march pump has a 3/4" inlet (1/2" outlet) and I'd like to take advantage of that and get the full flow of my high volume pump during chilling and wort transfer and I have to pump uphill to the HLT where the Herms coil is so I want full full head capacity. Plus I think it will prime easier with 3/4" pipe. The way I have my system designed (2 tier) I'll only be pumping from the MT and the Bk and I plan on hard plumbing the lines from those vessels to the pump inlet using copper pipe with sweat fittings.

The system is basically a combination hard plumb and silicone tube with camlocks where I've eliminated hose swapping on the inlet (ergo the hard plumbing) but will do minimal hose swapping with 1/2" silicone tube on the outlet so I don't end up with excessive valves and a ridiculous amount of hard pipe to disassemble, inspect, and clean. It's a compromise.

Questions:

1. Any idea where I can get a 3/4" weldless fitting for the BK and MT? Should I try making it myself with Lowes parts and, if so, any suggestions on the design? Should I just go the brass nipple route with SS washers on both sides to align the thing so the smooth non-threaded middle section of the pipe is what runs through the wall? Is there a less ghetto solution?

2. I want to be able to disconnect the manifold easily from the pump for cleaning and inspection. It'll be basically a simple T where the line from the BK and MT come together first (the top of the 'T') and then flow down via a single pipe to the pump (located at bottom of 'T'). What would I put on the 3 ends of the manifold to permit easy disassembly? Is there a compression type union for hard pipe? I need something that would unscrew.

Bump.

I could have the keggle fitting welded but the boil kettle is a thick walled aluminum pot.. I don't know if that can be welded. I'd really prefer weldless if it's possible. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back