2ndary Fermenting with fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewclearAssault

Reaction score
Hey all, I want to make a few nice witbiers this summer, using extract and fresh fruit hopefully. My question is- would it be possible to brew a 5 gallon batch using a fairly straight forward wheat beer recipe, place it in a primary fermenter, but then split the batch into 5 separate 1 gallon fermenters, each with different fruit in them?

I'm sure this will be a ***** on bottling day, but I was mostly just wondering if I would get enough flavor from the fruit at that point to make it worth my while.

Thanks!

Fruit in secondary is pretty typical....sounds like a great plan to get some variety and experiment on which fruit you like best!!! Please let us know how it all comes out.

You will get some secondary fermentation from the fruit sugar so watch those 1 gallon fermentors closely!!! You might need a blow off for a day or two since the head space will be so small.

Back