2nd ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewvall

Reaction score
How many days should I wait for fermentation during the 2nd ferment with no bubbles present, to get a smack pack?

0! Bubbles do not indicate fermentation!!! Only use a hydrometer! If your beer was not done fermenting (through measure of a hydrometer), you shouldn't have moved it to the secondary.

Give us some details, OG, FG (before moving to secondary), SG now, and we'll try to walk you through it.

I guess this is worth mentioning. I'm making a Belgium mango ale, I have finished the first ferment and added 7 lbs of mango into the second fermenter it has been approx. 7 day since I added the mangos. There isn't much information on fruit beer fermentation and have been down right stressed about the whole process. My og is 1.064 and my fg is 1.011

Maybe I'm confused but with as-much sugar as there is in mangos I for sure thought there would be signs of a second fermentation

There isn't much information on fruit beer fermentation and have been down right stressed about the whole process. My og is 1.064 and my fg is 1.011

Maybe I'm confused but with as-much sugar as there is in mangos I for sure thought there would be signs of a second fermentation

There are tons of information regarding fruit beer fermentation.

0! Bubbles do not indicate fermentation!!! Only use a hydrometer!

Ok...So is 1.011 after the mangos addition? If so, you are there. If not...What is the gravity right now? Through my results, adding fruit, isn't as predictable as fermenting your wort, and that's just the nature of the beast that I have found with fruit beer fermentation.

Back