2nd boil?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokiua4

Reaction score
so here is the deal.last week i brewed an ahs belgian quad kit and in the process drank way to many of my oatmeal mocha stoutsso instead of ending up with 5.25gal as my target voulme i ended up with 6 gal.so my question is now that the primary is done fermenting could i draw off a few gallons and do a partial biol to bring it back to my 5gal?i am going to be kegging this so i am not so concerned about killing a few yeasties because i will just force carb instead of corn sugar.so what would be the pros and cons of doing this????

did you take a gravity reading if so where you on target hopefully you were high and just diluted it bringing it into target. If not then just chalk it up as lessons learned. What happended, did you sparge too much or underestimated your evaporation rate? If the mouthfeel is too thin you can add stuff to it but it wont increase the ABV

i just store the extra that won't fit in the keg in a 1 gallon jug until the keg level is low enough to top up.

Latest posts

Back