2nd attempt at Tropical Twisted Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
So my first attempt was using arnold palmer half and half, pineapple juice, mango juice, and peach juice. I then added 2 1/2 lbs of sugar and ended up getting around 12%abv. Pitched champagne yeast.
Now, im doing things a little differently. Im going to use the same ingredients except im not going to add any sugar and im going to use nottingham ale yeast. Hope to see an improvement in taste as well as sweetness. Anyone have any pointers?

I like Nottingham for ale, but when I've used it in cider I've had sulfur issues, never tried it in fruit wine.
I think D-47 white wine yeast would be a better choice than the Nottingham.
Use a whole packet in a gallon or two of juice, use yeast nutrient like the Wyeast blend or Fermaid, ferment on the cool side, about 62F and see how you like it.
The choice of yeast and the yeast nutrient is essential in fruit wines, IMO.
I agree with skipping the added sugar, but look at your juice ingredients carefully and make sure there is no added sugar.

Back