• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico 29 mm O2 Crown Caps, 9.99 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irrenarzt

Professional Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I really enjoy using the 29 mm x 750 mL bottles that many breweries use (Bruery, Jester King, Elevation, Boulevard etc.) but I've found that for beers that I'm not going to sit down for a long time and cork and cage, I wanted an O2 absorbing cap. If you've ever searched for this kind of cap, it's virtually impossible to find in the US. The Italian ones the homebrew shops sell are total POS's and have the schittiest liner I can imagine. I did some european research and found a high end cap with an O2 absorbing liner. The problem was I had to buy 10,000 caps, which is a metric schit-ton of caps. I'll never be able to use all these caps for myself. Shipping was a huge cost but now at least I have the caps I wanted. I can't be the only one who wants caps like this so I'm going to offer my excess at 9.99 shipped per 100 to whomever wants them. Some pics:

The top cap is the POS Italian caps that American homebrew suppliers sell under the Tappi Corona brand:
rUtRgV7.png

As you can see, the bottom liner is clearly superior.

Top view:
PRqxVen.png

I chose white as it's a nice neutral color that will differentiate your beer from others as white caps seem rare to me.

100 caps as they would come to you:
f0DcIHw.png

PM me if interested. Thanks.

I may be interested but I want to know if these will cap those bottles with the thicker lip. I think my Rogue bottles have the lip I am talking about. The beers didn't come with corks (most of them) but I have some bottles that look like they'll accept corks or some other kind of cap.

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 8.47.09 AM.png

That bottle takes a 26 mm cap. You would need the smaller more common cap for that.

You will know if you are using the bigger 29 mm caps as you would have bought a larger bell for your capper.

Back