25 feet of copper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie63

Reaction score
I just came into a 25 foot coil of 1/2 copper tubing. I have a 2foot CFC I made with 3/8 coil I have a keggle brewstand I was thinking of either making a immersion chiller or making another cfc with 1/2 instead of the 3/8 but not sure if it would be too bigh for the hose any ideas? what would you make if you had a 25foot coil?

I'd make an IC. The 1/2 tubing should be really efficient for it. I have a 3/8 CFC that works great but if I had 25' of 1/2" I'd just make an IC.

this tubing is actuall 50 feet! but I am having a totally hard time trying to coil it to IC size any ideas?

I unfolded mine old IC out on the floor in the living room then wrapped it around my keg for a CFC. Worked great.

this tubing is actuall 50 feet! but I am having a totally hard time trying to coil it to IC size any ideas?

I made an immersion chiller using 60 ft of half inch copper. I wrapped 40 ft around a plastic bucket (small enough diameter to get in my 15 gallon kettle) and then wrapped the other 20 ft around a bleach bottle (smaller diameter). Each coil forms and independent IC, but I frequently use them together where the smaller one fits inside the larger one. So I have 60 ft of copper cooling my wort. I can drop to pitching temperatures in 10 minutes. I realize that water temperature plays an important part of this, but there is a huge surface area with 60 ft of half inch copper in my wort.

Works great!

Mark

tried wrapping around a paint can and crushed the can this stuff is not very soft for tight coils

Back