2019 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other site, DDT, ain't exactly popping.

This is dumb.
TB wasn't popping in it's infancy days. But I'd also be upset if I was a Premium Supporter of a dying site (jk, kind of...ok just a little bit serious)
giphy.gif

TB wasn't popping in it's infancy days. But I'd also be upset if I was a Premium Supporter of a dying site (jk, kind of...ok just a little bit serious)
giphy.gif
Is it dying site because folks spend hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars on malted beverages, but refuse to spend $10 on a site they use everyday, for years?

Seems lile a no brianer spend to me. I believe in supporting products I get value out of. But, what the hell do I know.

Is it dying site because folks spend hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars on malted beverages, but refuse to spend $10 on a site they use everyday, for years?

Seems lile a no brianer spend to me. I believe in supporting products I get value out of. But, what the hell do I know.
To each their own. If TB was moving in a direction of which I was supportive, I would've put my money towards it as well.

To each their own. If TB was moving in a direction of which I was supportive, I would've put my money towards it as well.
As someone that only sticks to a few threads, I'm certainly not aware of any issues on tB. But, if folks were getting hastled, I totally get wanting a better environment.

Ignorance is bliss. Especially in the beer world. So much dumb crap on what feela like a weekly basis.

As someone that only sticks to a few threads, I'm certainly not aware of any issues on tB. But, if folks were getting hastled, I totally get wanting a better environment.

Ignorance is bliss. Especially in the beer world. So much dumb crap on what feela like a weekly basis.
TB's ownership is now garbage. The new site is at least run by active members, although that was true of TB 6 years ago so who knows?

I think the real problem is that FB is murdering sites like these, which is really too bad because FB is just literally the ****ing worst and people who use it all the time are utterly baffling to me.

TB's ownership is now garbage. The new site is at least run by active members, although that was true of TB 6 years ago so who knows?

I think the real problem is that FB is murdering sites like these, which is really too bad because FB is just literally the ****ing worst and people who use it all the time are utterly baffling to me.
My big concern is that the overall userbase of TB isn't that large, and then you're largely down-selecting that to the new site. When TB started, it was leeching from BA, which had(/has) a huge userbase. So even a small adoption rate was still a reasonable number of users. Going from TB to DDT, even if it's 80% conversion you're still starting from a much smaller set of users. What's going to happen when the novelty of a new site wears off and all the cliquey users go back to having their little tiffs or whatever?

My big concern is that the overall userbase of TB isn't that large, and then you're largely down-selecting that to the new site. When TB started, it was leeching from BA, which had(/has) a huge userbase. So even a small adoption rate was still a reasonable number of users. Going from TB to DDT, even if it's 80% conversion you're still starting from a much smaller set of users. What's going to happen when the novelty of a new site wears off and all the cliquey users go back to having their little tiffs or whatever?
we should start an ad campaign on beer advocate with huge email blast, people love that

dammit i don’t think i’ll be able to make it down til sunday :(. at 2pp i doubt it will last

Can someone remind me the names of the usual weekend bartenders in Capitola? Taller guy with beard/long hair and the woman who often wears Giants hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back