2017 Nugget Hops- $7/lb shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did your hops come vacuum packed or nitrogen flushed? My bag came in puffed up in a barrier bag, but with no leaks, so I believe the packaging is nitrogen flushed. I have not opened.

Mine were vacuumed.

They're pretty responsive on eBay, might as well ask 'em.

Could also be elevation-related. Ever seen a bag of potato chips shipped from overseas?

This leads me to a question I've been wondering. There are some hops I'm interested in buying from Yakima Valley, but I'm across the country. Is there any danger in ordering now, when it's 90+ degrees out? It'll take several days to arrive, at the very least, and I'm not sure how the transit impacts hops at these temperatures.

I got a package with 12 items from them a few weeks back when it was hotter and they were all fine. It took 2 days. They use flat rate boxes, so you can fill them up without costing more. My only regret was not getting more cascade, at $5.99/lb no less, what an idiot, should have gotten a couple thousand lbs.

I had to repackage mine and they were fine. Good aroma and extremely bitter, took 20 minutes to get the flavor/taste out of my mouth from chewing on the smallest piece of a pellet. Both packages were bad? They did offer to send out a replacement without much coaxing, but I decided these were good enough.

Latest posts

Back