2017 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are recovered enough to do it, hotel lobby's make some great people watching the day after dark lord. Everyone is completely wrecked.

Can't believe that I slept well and am functional this morning. In fact, I feel absolutely fantastic for the day after DLD.

How did you guys make out on variants? I got a muerte and a french vanilla militia. Seems there was a ton of militia.

I got bourbon and the three other people I was with all got FVM. We met up with a guy later in the day and he cracked his handjee with us.

Nah. I fell asleep after 2 hard days of drinking with my little brother.

Him and i ran into Patrick at DLD. We both got the De Muerte.

I got a fvm as well.

Good to see you. Chances are the Texan and I passed each other and didn't know it, staying at the same place. I wonder how long I will make it before opening a dl?

I saw a dragon abortion shirt later on in the evening by the merch tent, but i couldn't remember who said they were wearing it.

I got a Muerte. My one friend got the Chemtrail, and the other got a Marshmallow Handjee. Overall, it was a good time. Seemed a little mellower than the last few years (If that's even possible).

I was a little ticked off on Friday night.

We ate at the pub. They cut us off at 8PM. They abruptly closed the kiosk at 9PM. I was at the door waiting to get in. The guy poked his head out and said we're closed, and locked the door. We'd been in line for about an hour.

Putting up a sign with the revised hours would have been nice.

I still have 15 and 16 also. Trying to get 14 and I'm gonna call of work and drink them all in one day.

I never save them. Rarely trade with them either.... but damn to people get happy when that is the extra. I have a couple friends that I always "drink one with". Aka, ship one and we each open one at the same time. Hell, 8 isn't enough.

The truth stings doesn't it? To each his own if you like it the rock it till it is empty but not in my wheel house of things I will ever reach for....

The truth stings doesn't it? To each his own if you like it the rock it till it is empty but not in my wheel house of things I will ever reach for....

Have you even had it? People always say soy sauce and I have NEVER gotten soy sauce out of it. Yes, it's always been super sweet but I've had it fresh every year for the past few years and 2017 is the best of them all.

You seem a little obsessed with Dark Lord. Does it owe you money or something? :D

There's probably a Bud Light thread on here that needs your input. They don't judge you on punctuation or grammar. It sounds like your kind of place.

Love that bottle opener. I got one last year. My friends were giving me a hard time because it was so expensive, but it is awesome.

My wife bought it at dld 16 because she thought one of my friends on here would love it.... he likely would..... but so do I! Intended to get another for him last weekend but never made it to a merch tents because... well... beer.

My wife bought it at dld 16 because she thought one of my friends on here would love it.... he likely would..... but so do I! Intended to get another for him last weekend but never made it to a merch tents because... well... beer.

I didn't see them there this year. I wanted to buy one for my son. He loves mine.

Have you even had it? People always say soy sauce and I have NEVER gotten soy sauce out of it. Yes, it's always been super sweet but I've had it fresh every year for the past few years and 2017 is the best of them all.

Had a 17 tonight and was a little disappointed. Think I liked the last two years better.

Really? I'll have to open a bottle soon. On tap it was surprisingly awesome.

Don't think I had it on tap. Bottle share in the big tent was too good. :)

But yeah. There were four of us that split it last night, and none of us loved it. Of course, it's possible that we got an off bottle, but that should be quite unlikely. Overall, I think I've liked 15 and 16 best.

Don't think I had it on tap. Bottle share in the big tent was too good. :)

But yeah. There were four of us that split it last night, and none of us loved it. Of course, it's possible that we got an off bottle, but that should be quite unlikely. Overall, I think I've liked 15 and 16 best.

I was impressed with it on tap and not so impressed with the bottle.

I just checked rates on that places. 135 a night til Friday and Sat then 399 a night.

Back