2017 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This year DLD is $180 per ticket. That includes 4 bottles of Dark Lord, and 1 bottle of a Dark Lord Variant. Looks like they did away with the food and drink vouchers.

That's a lot of money.

Over 30 bucks a bottle? That's ridiculous...$36 per to be exact...dayum...hope they have some killer entertainment lined up..

I would agree. I'm not a huge DL fan, but the festival is a lot of fun. I usually trade it, or give it to people as a gift.

I'm hoping that some day it won't rain the entire day. :D

I would agree. I'm not a huge DL fan, but the festival is a lot of fun. I usually trade it, or give it to people as a gift.

Several years ago it was unseasonably warm and sunny. I got sunburnt.

I am not a fan of darklord, but it is good for trading.

Excellent points, re: trade bait. I had my first DL last year and it was straight soy sauce.

You'll find me there. I went last year for the first time and it was awesome. Regular Dark Lord was the worst beer I had that weekend, but it was an incredible time. We had an awesome share in the Best Western (Schererville) hotel lobby Friday & saturday night and I met so many awesome people. Looking forward to this year and would love to meet some HBT'ers this year. I still have last years Ronaldo variant I need to crack (Dark lord w/ cherries). Regular Dark Lord needs at least a year of age in my opinion to be drinkable. I still have most of my food/drink vouchers from last year.. they got soaked in the rain and it just wasn't something I was into so I'm glad they got rid of them this year.

Pardon the newb question, but what is dark lord and what makes it so special?

Dark Lord is a Russian Imperial Stout made by 3 Floyds in Munster, IN. 3floyds makes some awesome beers. My personal favorites are Rabid Rabbit, Arctic Panzer Wolf, and Behemoth.

3 Floyds puts on a once a year beer festival at their brewery. On that day they release Dark Lord RIS. That's the only place, and only day, you can buy the beer. It's a little too sweet for my taste.

You'll find me there. I went last year for the first time and it was awesome. Regular Dark Lord was the worst beer I had that weekend, but it was an incredible time. We had an awesome share in the Best Western (Schererville) hotel lobby Friday & saturday night and I met so many awesome people. Looking forward to this year and would love to meet some HBT'ers this year. I still have last years Ronaldo variant I need to crack (Dark lord w/ cherries). Regular Dark Lord needs at least a year of age in my opinion to be drinkable. I still have most of my food/drink vouchers from last year.. they got soaked in the rain and it just wasn't something I was into so I'm glad they got rid of them this year.

The Dark Lord willing; I will be there.

By not showing up till mid afternoon... I will finally get to experience those late in the day awesome taps I keep hearing about. ****ers

I got tickets after the entire eTix site crashed. I was on the phone with 2 other people. They got booted and never got back into the ticket site. One of my computers wouldn't reconnect, but I was able to get in with the other one, and buy all the tickets for the group. I could have bought more. Weird!

I had 3 devices that got in within the first 10min. All came up group E. Sounds like possibly no variant fer me....but since the are doing 2 vintage instead of the variant i can work with that.

Anyone here staying at Best Western in Schererville? We will be having a share in the lobby (if we don't get kicked out again) Friday and Saturday (may 12th and 13th)

If anyone happens to have an extra group C ticket, my friend would love to buy it off you as we were only able to get 2 tickets for our regular group of 3. Thanks and cheers.

Sure. I'll be there from Thursday to sunday. I like to go to the brewpub the day before. As of right now they have a good amount of stuff on tap thats not being bottled.

Sure. I'll be there from Thursday to sunday. I like to go to the brewpub the day before. As of right now they have a good amount of stuff on tap thats not being bottled.

I went last year to the brewpub the day before and then ended up waiting in line for the Bloobs release. Got close to the front and had to leave because we went to 18th st Barrel massacre. What a rip off that was!

I got Bloobs last year . Amazing sour btw. To expensive though. We were probably in line at the same time. So the barreal massacre was bad?

I got Bloobs last year . Amazing sour btw. To expensive though. We were probably in line at the same time. So the barreal massacre was bad?

Yeahh. I mean it was fun but you only had like an hour and a half to drink like 12 beers. Everything was just very rushed and over priced for what you got out of it.

Well. A week to go. Variants are up on the site. I will be at the holiday inn in Schererville if anyone is interested in a bottle share Friday or Saturday after. Im in group E.

Back