2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has a habit of being involved in these sort of things, but I think Ian Kennedy was far more at fault. I watched the Sportscenter replays and there is no way I would have gotten in the way of an angry Mark McGuire. That dude is scary when angry.

Yeah, but Matt Williams is no wuss. I don't think he runs away from much.

I was at the game with Alfred and I have a newfound respect for Greinke.I Appreciate when pitchers retaliate. Headshots aren't cool IMO, but apparently the Dbacks took offense to Greinke throwing at Montero 3xs before actually plunking him. Montero should have shut his mouth and taken his base. The tough guy decides to take it personal and so Kennedy headhunted Greinke. Kennedy runs to the dugout and Montero keeps his mask on and throws swings like a *****.

I was at the game with Alfred and I have a newfound respect for Greinke.I Appreciate when pitchers retaliate. Headshots aren't cool IMO, but apparently the Dbacks took offense to Greinke throwing at Montero 3xs before actually plunking him. Montero should have shut his mouth and taken his base. The tough guy decides to take it personal and so Kennedy headhunted Greinke. Kennedy runs to the dugout and Montero keeps his mask on and throws swings like a *****.

Couldn't agree more. Usually, I wouldn't stand with Greinke because I think he's a punk. However, he did nothing wrong here. He stood up for his team, and retaliated the right way by throwing to the guy's back and not his head. Kennedy should have gotten more than 10 games for throwing at the heads of two guys. That he's appealing it makes him even more of an *******. What do you expect of someone who came up with the Yankees?

Whoever has Wil Meyers should be pleased. I saw him play for the Durham Bulls and dominate last night .

Thanks for reaffirming my loyalty to Myers. He's been burning a hole on my bench all season. Hope he gets called up to the show soon.

Thanks for reaffirming my loyalty to Myers. He's been burning a hole on my bench all season. Hope he gets called up to the show soon.

He's making his debut tomorrow night against Boston in a doubleheader. So is Zack Wheeler for the Mets. (Super Two deadline anyone?) I wish D'Arnaud was up already. I really don't want to drop the guy. I've already burned almost half a year with him. Add that to my constant rotation of players on the DL (Reyes, Braun and Harper currently), and it's been a bear of a year.

Wow that's impressive. And then there is Carson and the APA division. I'll bet he has that Sports Almanac from Back to the Future III.

I am interested to see how other people will respond to this:

I am most pleased with drafting JJ Hardy. I figured that Tulo would go down at some point, but I didn't expect that he would be a starter for me on a daily basis.

I am most disappointed that I dropped Matt Carpenter. Not only is he rolling, but I could have used his versatility with all of the early injuries that I dealt with at positions that he is eligible at.

Your turns!

I regret going too prospect heavy in the draft. As of right now, only Simmons and Wheeler are showing signs of their possible talent. Miley has been okay, but not worth a draft spot. My biggest regret is d'Arnaud at this point. He broke a bone in his foot in early April, and may not show up until September. At this point, I've had him too long to drop him now.

I should not have expected any of these guys to have had the immediate impact that Trout and Posey had when they broke through.

I'm most pleased with drafting Anthony Rizzo (1B - Cubs). He's young and should continue to improve. He's had his slumps but should average out to a 25 HR / 90 RBI player and could be more if he could be more consistent.

I'm most disappointed in Pedro Alvarez (3B - Pirates). He was a high draft choice for me and had a horrific slump the first half of the year. He was so awful I traded for Pablo Sandaval and waived Alvarez, only to pick him back up when Sandaval ended up on the DL. Right now Alvarez has a hot streak going but he strikes out far too much. R.A. Dickey was going to be on this spot but he finally put up a great performance this week.

My favorite pick up so far has been Iwakuma (P - Mariners). He's been lights out for me. Josh Hamilton has been a colossal disappointment so far. Someone give that man a Red Bull.

I am most please with having a team at all! hahaha It's been fun. It took me awhile to get a team I'm happy with, as there were quite a few players I was not happy with when I took over, but as of now, I'm pretty happy with my team. Unfortunately, it is just average. Right in the middle. I win a week, I lose a week.

I don't really have any real disappointments yet, as I didn't come in with too many expectations. I figured I needed to learn then the league a little, as this one scores entirely different than my other league. I have guys on my team now, that I wouldn't dream of having in my other league and vice versa. I look forward to next year when I can draft my own team.

Yeh, in the long run, bottom line, I just like having a team....no matter how bad I suck. Last years team was better, but hell, beer makes it all better, right? That's my story anyway.

Beer does make everything better.

For example, nursing sore ankles from playing softball. Playing on a friend's company team. Haven't played in about five years. Played two weeks ago and sprained an ankle.

Came back tonight and played again. They put me at first, my natural position. Had a good game on both sides. Went 3-4 and made all plays that came to me.

Came home and iced/elevated the ankle and had three imperial pints of homebrew.

Good night indeed.

I'm currently tied for 5th place. My supply must be defective. Also, I have Braun, Harper and Cueto on the DL, so there are side effects.

Harper was activated today from the DL...Pay attention to your team!

Anyone interested in trading for an outfielder? I realized that I have a bunch of talent there.

Not really sure. My team is producing okay. Would look to make some minor upgrade? Maybe Aaron Hill?

Not really sure. My team is producing okay. Would look to make some minor upgrade? Maybe Aaron Hill?

I really don't want to move him since he is just back and I used a keeper slot on him and he has missed almost the whole season so far. Anyone else you are interested in?

Looking for a little production put of the SS position. Any one interested?

Shoot me an offer. I would be willing to move either SS in the right package.

My "team" is gonna drive me to drink.....Thru an IV!

Pretty much thru 4 days this week and I'm still in double digits!

Just sent you a trade offer. McClouth for Nathan. Let me know what you think.

Hey David (Carson), I rejected 1 trade in order to accept the other, but it won't go through now... I'm willing to trade Utley if you still want him

It looks like it is going to take over 600 points to determine the winner between Carson and myself this week. Going to be fun to watch this weekend.

Also, still looking for a 3B, nobody has a spare quality 3B for a trade?

It looks like it is going to take over 600 points to determine the winner between Carson and myself this week. Going to be fun to watch this weekend.

Also, still looking for a 3B, nobody has a spare quality 3B for a trade?

Oh please. Sure, let me help you upgrade there, Mr. 600 pointer.

Jesus, watching you and Carson is like watching a game between the Yankees and Satan.

hehehehehe
In all seriousness, I only have Wright, and I don't think I'm giving him up.

Latest posts

Back